Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Hartke 3500 Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassplayer5115, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Allright so i got this Hartke 3500 amplifyer. pretty sweet little guy. but this lil thing hums when u turn the trebles up..

It is kiind of annoying and sometimes certain tones on the bass will cut it out but then it just comes back again...anyone have any info about it?

2. jdagger

jdagger

Nov 21, 2004
    Hi there ... I have a Hartke 3500 head and can offer a bit of advice.

I am not sure what your EQ looks like but try trimming the 8Khz if what you are describing is high freq hiss. You can also work the high contour down toward -3. Neither of these trims should cause you a major loss in highs and might help with the hiss situation.

If it is a true buzz you are hearing first be suspicious of your guitar cord. There is also a possibility that there is a fault within the amp. If possible, you might try your gear with a different Hartke in a store and see if the problem still exists. Helps to isolate that cause.

Now that I have a righteous cab to go with the head, I run my 3500 head on a flat EQ (0) with high contour also at 0. There is no hum or hiss present at all.