Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Hartke 4000 just pooped out.... SWR 8004 750w?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lostatrout, May 9, 2003.

1. lostatrout

lostatrout Guest

Nov 20, 2002
    Bethel, Vermont
    I just got a new Hartke 115XL and 4.5XL and was playing through them last night and about 15 minutes later, my Hartke 4000 bass head just went out. No power to it at all. I have had a few problems with it but nothing like that. Sometimes, I have to bang it around a little to get it to come through the cabinets but never a power problem. Do any of you know if there is a fuse that may have blown? Like an in-line fuse or something?

Also, I am contemplating buying a SWR Workingmans 8004 750w. Any thoughts on this particular head? Personally, I've never heard of it so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys....

2. The fact you had to bang it sounds to me like dry joints. As for the thing dying.. well who knows. I'd have to open it up and see. Could be dry joints on the power supply. Most likely you're fuse is blown.

:D:D

Merls

3. lostatrout

lostatrout Guest

Nov 20, 2002
    Bethel, Vermont
    Merlin, could you tell me where the fuse is located? I've never looked for it before. Is it inside the case? Also, do you know what kind of fuse is in the Hartke 4000? Thanks for your reply.

Mike

4. lostatrout

lostatrout Guest

Nov 20, 2002
    Bethel, Vermont
    Sweet... thanks for the link. I appreciate it.

5. Don't mention it, hope it helps...:bassist:

6. Thom

Thom

Dec 4, 2003
    Just got my h4000 back from the shop. 70 euro lighter...
    Same problem. The guy at the shop told me this is a known problem for the 4000. They had to check the complete circuitry to end up replacing one of the rear's 'things you put a jack in' (don't know the english word).