Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My head hurts!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Greg Jones, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Greg Jones

Greg Jones

Dec 1, 2005
    Thornton, CO
    Do any of you other TB'ers spend SO much time researching here that you walk away with a headache, confused and no closer to knowing what you need in the way of an amp?

:)

Been one of those nights. I just bought a Cirrus 4 from a fellow TB'er but I am ampless at the moment. Only played it through my Line 6 Guitar Port, through my pc speakers. (quite nice ones though). I'm GASing SO bad for a real amp I swear I'm going to burst.

2. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    that's when it's time to stop reading and go listen to a couple.

3. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    Yeah, I can confuse myself by researching too many options. :(
    Either spend time researching,musing, pondering, trying to find a place that has something to try locally=headache
    OR Just buy the 1st thing that comes across your path and later regret cluttering up the joint. :rollno:

4. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    You could buy something used... and then when it doesn't work for you sell it and buy something else over and over and over like the rest of us! :eyebrow:

5. Greg Jones

Greg Jones

Dec 1, 2005
    Thornton, CO
    Used is my plan. Got the bass used and it's GREAT and was an incredible deal/value. Figure it's smart to stay on that path.

I'm getting back into playing. When last I played I had an Ampeg B2 combo. Loved that thing, well the sound, not necessarily the weight. Surprised Ampeg doesn't get very good props 'round here. Anyway, I DO need to get out and try some of the stuff that's available now and see what I like. I will find something eventually.

I'm thinking I'll likely piece together a component system, ie preamp, power amp, cab(s). In the meantime a friend has offered me the use of a Fender 60W combo. This should be fine for practicing in my apartment.

Thanks for listening!