My Head!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Golden Boy, Aug 29, 2005.

1. For the past few days I've been feeling like there's water (or something) in one of my ears. I figured since I wear earplugs that it's possible there some wax buildup that's not allowing water to escape easily, but not really obstruct my hearing. So I got one of those Murine earwax removal systems, it's some drops and a rubber squirty thing. My fiancee put the drops in my ears yesterday around noon, and I really didn't notice a difference. Then somewhere around 5-ish out of nowhere my ears start hurting. Big. Then my upper jaw is hurting, and it's seriously getting painful. After around 2 hours of this I decide to use the squirty thing and rinse out my ears. It's gotten much better, but my right ear is still kinda sore. I actually stayed home from work today because of this.

I paid attention to the directions on the package- if you're thinking of using that kit, I'd recommend thinking twice before you do. :(
  2. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I have a problem with wax buildup in my ears... it just seems to run in my family. Every once in a while it'd get so bad I'd literally have very little hearing out of one or both ears (like a DAMN good earplug!). I have to either see a doctor to have them cleaned, or get this stuff I put in to react with the wax and clean it out... nice burning sensation (not too hot) in my ears. I know what you mean though mine doesn't sound as bad! Maybe you're supposed to rinse out shortly afterwards, also?

3. Wow. That's freaky. Isn't that like some sort of enzyme? Either way, I wonder if that drained into your inner ear canal or sinuses (is that possible?) to cause the irritation?!?

I've never had my ears de-waxxed...maybe I should look into it. From a doctor...this thread freaked me out to the otc method...
  4. It doesn't say to use the little rubber squirty thing unless the drops don't work in 4 days.
  5. I don't think it could have gone through my tympanic membrane, and it didn't hurt deep into my head. I think the jaw pain was sympathetic to the ear pain.

I do know that if you clean your ears out with a squirty thing you're not supposed to put the tip into your ear, you're just squirting water into it and allowing the water to drain.
  6. MurdocRocks

Jun 18, 2005
    Torrance, CA
    You probably have a middle/inner ear infection, I get them all the time. Go see a doctor.
  7. I don't think it's an infection, as there was no pain, dizziness, fever or anything to indicate an infection. Just the sensation of water in my ear. It didn't hurt until after the drops had been put in and drained.
  8. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    have you been swimming lately if so it's swimmer's ear and it really sucks i've had it alot and one was so bad that my entire face was sore
  9. Wait a second, remember that you do want to keep some earwax in your ear. That's what helps keep your ears from getting infected. But too much earwax is bad.
  10. Ear pain and jaw pain could indicate infection in the eustachian tubes, part of the whole ear thing. See a doctor. Problem getting worse, spreading, definitely an infection or irritation of some kind.

If you played guitar I wouldn't bother, you'll be deaf soon anyway. But other musicians ought to treat their ears better than their customized $4000 basses. Cause the basses can be replaced, with difficulty, the ears cannot. They are your most valuable instrument.