Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My heart is broken...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pmkelly, Feb 19, 2002.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    ... so there I was, going through my weekly ritual of cruising the Sadowsky site, when I stumble upon this one...

[​IMG]

I decide to email Sadowsky and find out what this runs... and I am now devastated! As far as Sadowsky's go, this one is right in line, price-wise. It's just that I don't have it and I don't have enoughin gear to sell to get it! I think this is a beautiful bass, and hopefully someone snags it up quickly so I don't have to put myself through the misery of thinking that it is still available!

P@

:D

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    GAS hurts.

want some Pepto?

3. i feel for you,, just remember, at least you've got a bass. Theres 1000's of children in the modern world who don't have fancy electrical bass guitars and they get by on fishing line and sticks.

all together now

"save the bassless children,

teach them well and they will learn

all the tricks and things

that make bass players great"

:) not well today

stu

4. It's a very nice looking bass...you might wanna consider what JT does...go traffic some drugs!

5. either that or get it blown up, printed and stuck to a nice piece of figured ply. Then air away :)

6. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    boy, aren't you guys helpful.... Hey Brendan, pass that pepto, will ya?!

P@

:D

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I played that bass this afternoon & it plays as sweet as it looks!!!!! As a matter of fact, while I was there, someone on the phone inquired about this bass & another 5 that was sold, a 24 fret w/a REALLLLL nice quilt top in Caramel burst. Was it you?

8. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    You can always buy that really inexpensive Spector 5 you've got your eye on, PM ;) :D :cool:

9. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    thanks, your a real help... No, I just kicked him an email last night, and saw the reply this afternoon when I got home from work. I wish I could say that my inquiry was even close to being serious... That red finish was amazing!

Hmmmm, that is always a possibility.... got a few more pics of it for me to mull over?

P@

10. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I've got the camera right here... email me and tell me what you want to see! :D

11. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO

you've got mail!

P@

12. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    Just wondering, how much was that sadowsky?

13. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    $3425

P@

14. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    Thanks. Thats just a tad to high for me:( whats the address for the sadowsky site

15. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada

www.sadowsky.com

16. I think tyburn is on to something. Why not blow up the picture, cut it out, and tape it to one of your basses. No one will ever know the difference.

You can get a long cord and go in the bathroom and rock out in front of the mirror.

(And don't say you've never jammed in front of the bathroom mirror because we've all done it.) :p

17. That might not be a bad idea. I think I could do that to my Squier! :D

Count, I actually have never played in front of the bathroom mirror. Something to look forward to after work! Man I'm getting tons of new ideas tonight!

18. i knew you guys would understand

when my band practices, my borther, whos the guitarist, spends all his time playing looking into the mirror on one of the walls :O

checking his technique, so he says. But we know that he's as vain as hell, like all guitarists :)

19. I do that all the time - I've even got a mirror in my room! :D

I'm just fasinated on the speed of my hands moving... :oops: :p

20. ChronicPyromaniac

ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    Yeah, me too. The bass just adds so much sexiness.