1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My Heavy Metal Project (For New and Old Fans)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Yngwie 4String, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Banned

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    http://www.playlist.com/node/27743562

My intentions here was to build a list highlighting the evolution of Heavy Metal, while representing all the major genres and includign the important influencial bands. It should be Chronological from top(early) to bottom (new). For new fans its a nice introduction to Heavy Metal, and for old fans its a nice organised set of good Metal.

Id like to know if you like it, and how could I did as far as accomplishing the goals I set out.

Hope Yall enjoy it, I worked on it over the course of about a week getting information and looking over timelines. If theres corrections that I can make, or anything let me know and Ill take it into consideration.

metal.

2. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Where's Blue Cheer? The Melvins? Deftones? Mastodon? High On Fire?

I don't see any Post-Metal on the list, either.

Props on including Electric Wizard and the Sleep, though.

3. Put Between The Buried And Me on there (something off Alaska). I don't recall seeing Fates Warning but I went through it pretty quickly.

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I think some of the more "metal" people would object to the inclusion of Korn and Limp Bizkit on the list.

Good list otherwise, though. It's nice to see Opeth even though Windopane is one of their less metal songs. Or maybe it's so un-metal that it's metal. I don't know.

5. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Banned

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    High on Fire and Mastodon are included so is Fates Warning. Blue Cheer to me Id say was influencial on metal but not actually a metal band. Korn = Nu Metal Limp Bizkit=Rap Metal. Trying to represent all subgenres best I can.

6. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I think if you're going to include Led Zeppelin on the list of metal bands, Blue Cheer should be there ahead of Zeppelin. They were one of the bands on the metal horizon. I wouldn't really qualify Zeppelin as metal, MHO of course. It's a pretty good list. I'm actually surprised you put Sunshine Rain on there instead of one of King's X's other heavier songs. Great song, though!

7. AlbertVII

AlbertVII

Sep 2, 2006
    California
    Saint Vitus should be on there. Maybe Pentagram as well.

8. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Banned

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    Since yall want me to add in some of these other bands, and Im limited to 100songs, can ya tell me which ones to give the boot too?

9. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Less Hair Metal.

Get rid of Poison.

10. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Banned

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    Alright you got it, a little later on today I will take out Poison and add blue cheer before sabbath at the beginning.

11. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    If you're adding Blue Cheer, make sure it's Summertime Blues.

12. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Too lazy to check the playlist, but there'd better be some Pantera in there! :mad: And some power metal. :D

Add Frozen Candle by Edguy.

13. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Banned

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    Of Course.

Its the same list we talked about earlier.

The Dokken song is no longer working, so Ill put St Vitus up if you tell me where they would go chronologically.

EDIT:Nevermind I looked it up. My SOurce says 1975 is when they started. Above Chnages have been made.