1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My hip-hop group did a remix of the new Snoop Dogg/Kid Cudi single

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Apr 30, 2010.

1. The frontman/producer of the Krunkquistadors (my hip hop group) entered a contest in which you remix the new single by Snoop Dogg and Kid Cudi, "That Tree". The only rules of the contest...the Kid Cudi verse was removed, and the rest of remix is up to you. Because this is a contest for producers, and not necessarily bands, it's the Kris Krunk remix...and not technically the Krunkquistadors, even though all three of us involved are a part of Krunkquistadors.

Listen to the song (and vote for us!) here: http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/18080

Some of the lyrics are a little salty, so it may be NSFW. If we win the contest, we get to meet Snoop Dogg! :D

I did the guitar parts, the producer Kris did the keyboard parts/various effects, and one of the rappers, Kyle did the rapping in the second verse.

This is the original song, to compare:

2. Can't say I liked it. I'm all for cross genre stuff but it sounded like a lot of the "good stuff" was lost in translation on this one. You guys have got skill though, I can say that much. This is just one guys opinion though.