My Hipshot Phone Call

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by crazybassist601, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Ok, I ordered a Hipshot Xtender key for my bass and it only goes down to Eb. They never returned my email so I called them.

I got an answering machine saying store hours are yatta yatta. It says to leave a message and to leave your name and phone number they can reach you at when the office is open. So here it goes (funny stuff btw)

Hey. I'm Shawn and I bought an X-tender key like...2..wait..1..uhhh..a while ago. It only goes down to Eb so I would like some information on why or if I can return it or whatnot. You can reach me at (568) 249-4458; thats 24..8, ...5..4...uhhhh... @&$% :oops: , I forgot what I said...Gotta go...Bye. :p :D

It was so funny I sat there picturing Hipshot replaying the message over and over again because I forgot my own phone number. LMAO, it was great. Still funny thinking about it.

Comment all you want, just had to share it. Any similar experiences?

P.S. This is not my real number, and sorry if this is anyone elses number by chance, please PM me if you are getting random calls in the middle of the night because of me!

P.S.S. No plants were harmed in the making of this story.
  2. BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    LOL! sounds like some stuff i would do..... put the pipe down man!!!
  3. I don't think a pipe could do that much damage, I think the bong needs to be shelved for at least a few days.
  4. Psh...I havent smoked anything in...wait...when was that...Darn I forgot...maybe,...nope...? :p

JK JK

I wonder what the hipshot guys are gunna think. Cant wait for that phone call :hyper: .
  5. jacko spades

jacko spades

Jan 9, 2006
    Central FL
    I dunno if you should post your # online like that - I know this isn't myspace, but you still could get some weirdo prank calling you at 3 am
  6. Dont worry. I took the precautions and the number is not my real number. I may have forgotten my own phone number but I'm not stupid (ironically).

Editing my post to make that clear to people who read it...