1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My Human Base Fretless 6 - Shipping Soon!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kevin Woods, Jan 19, 2012.

1. I have been waiting for thirteen months for my Human Base fretless, so I am glad it will be shipping from Germany to Chicago soon - probably this Friday. Siggi just told me through email that he has taken care of Customs paperwork on his end and once the Export Declaration is finished it will ship and I will get a tracking number. The shipping alone is $300, so it will probably come two or three day air.

As for my part, if I am reading the Harmonized Tariff Schedule correctly, then I will owe 8.7% in US Customs duty. I know my UPS man personally, and he said that as far as he knows the package will come directly to my door and UPS will accept a check for the duty since they have a customs brokerage arrangement with the US government.

Customized BaseX Fretless

- Amboyna burl top w/matching headstock cap
    - 3-piece Maple neck-through design
    - Maple body wings
    - Delano SBC6 Dual Coil Humbucker
    - Glockenklang 3-band preamp
    - Lined two-octave Ebony fretless fingerboard
    - Mono Rail bridge pieces
    - 34" scale

-
    - ...don't know how much it weighs but I expect it to be beefy.

This bass is essentially a Max build in a BaseX body. The creamy focus of a neck-thru bass is something that I really miss and I am hoping to settle in with this bass and find some awesome sounds!

I feel like I am going out on a limb with the Delano+Glock electronics as opposed to the Bart P4 setup. But I hear you can definitely get the Bart sound if you want it, yet the Delano+Glock has a whole complement of upper mid-range detail and treble air if you want that, too. Also, I vaguely remember Siggi saying that he and Udo tweaked the Glock pre. In any case, Siggi himself said that the Delano is cut with the same dimensions as a P4 if I wanted to go back to a Bart sound.

The photos I received came as "text"...?? Photobucket would not upload them and when I saved them as jpg's they didn't come out as well so these are just screen-saved. I will post some better ones sometime soon if I can. There is a lot of detail in that grain...I know, I have been looking into it like a crystal ball for a year :D.

...and don't worry, I am going to pummel you with clips as long as the bass doesn't wind up on the bottom of the Atlantic!

AmboynaFretlessBody.
    AmboynaFretlessFront.
    Here is the original Amboyna set that I found at Gilmer Wood:
    AmboynaTop.

2. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    You know what you must du when you get it.
    POST A YOUTUBE REVIEW!!!

3. anonymous111813

anonymous111813 Guest

Mar 1, 2011