Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my ibanez musician... my love... oe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jolle, Aug 19, 2005.

1. this is the story:
    I play in a band ( www.evils.nl ) and play around 3 times per month, and my bass of choice (a epi thunderbird IV) was getting her bridge re-done (i play with a slightly bigger string tension becouse i play in C with B strings) so i had to miss my baby for a few weeks because our tech here is very very good but a bit slow.... so it was time to look for a good backup bass... the internet search started.

i like old stuff, i also play a fender 300ps for instance, and the epi looks vintage too! and there is was... a 1980 passive Ibanez Musician bass fretted.... it's heavy, strong, all i wanted...

but i bought it for backup... played it for one practice to break in the strings, and after that night i never played my epi again.... its that good!

I love my Ibanez!

any more passive ibanez musician lovers around here?

Attached Files:

2. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    I've got an 81 MC824. Awesome!. I always wanted one when I they were new, but didn't have the $. Got this one earlier this year, and she looks almost new. Great tone, feel, balance and elegant good looks.

http://www.talkbass.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1828&size=big&password=0&sort=1&cat=500