1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My Ibby SR700 is history...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mello_bedwetter, Jan 10, 2012.

1. I'll try to keep this short. About a year ago I bought an Ibanez SR700 from GC and got the extended "musician" warranty. From day one the battery in it kept draining prematurely. I didn't even play it alot because I use my Precision most of the time. I'd play the Ibby maybe an hour one night and the next time I picked it up to play the battery was dead. I didn't keep the "jack" plugged in either. This happened time and time again so I knew it wasn't the battery.
    Finally I called GC and told them about the problem and since I had the warranty they shipped a box to me and a UPS sticker and had me send it off for repair. That was about 2 months ago. Today I got a call and they said it would be "not economical" to repair. They're sending me a card for GC for the amount I paid for the SR700 including the tax paid. I guess it's an okay deal...I'm just not ready to buy another bass at the time. I just got a new Highway One Jazz last Friday.
    Just thought I'd share this. Thanks.

2. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Man, that sucks.

My wife has one of those. I guarantee if it ever starts doing that, I will repair it myself.

Man!

3. pica

pica

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    I have an SR700 also. I've never heard of this happening before. At least they did the right thing and sent you a GC credit.

4. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    You, in effect, "sold it" for exactly what you paid? Way to go, Man!

5. Yea...that's one way to look at it! :D

6. Now you can buy another Fender to go with the other two.

7. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    They could have offered you a nice circuit...

8. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    At least they took care of you. Sucks to hear about your bass though.