My idea

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gimp48, Feb 18, 2004.

1. gimp48

Feb 8, 2004
    hey all, i have an idea which is to get the zoom708II for multi effects and then start getting digitech stomp boxes flange, phazer etc

what do you think of my idea any good?
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Could work. If you layer too many effects, you could lose track of your bass tone. By the way, I noticed it's your first post. Welcome to talkbass.
  3. gimp48

Feb 8, 2004
    thankyou very much, well i wouldn't use all the effects at once i'd like go into a chorus that would sound good with say chorus and delay and keep it at that
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Multi-FX boxes tend to be a tease, give you a small sample of what an effect can do, but never give you full control over it's settings. Likewise, I always recommend people steer clear of these uncontrollable beasts. Not to mention, running more than one effect on a multi-FX box, you can't change the order (flange before distortion and flange after distortion are two different things!) Also need to consider the difference between digital and analog effects. Multi-FX boxes are almost always digital, which means they clip part of your signal.

When looking at individual effects, check out other brands, like Electro-Harmonix, who make quality analog effects popular with bassists, Fulltone, and if you're going digital, might as well check out BOSS too.
  5. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    While there's no arguing that you aren't going to be getting the best effects from a multi-fx unit, you can get a lot to start out with for a low cost. I couldn't have gotten a ton of pedals for at least $80 each. I can get some decent sounds out of my Digitech BP200 and that's enough for me right now.
  6. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    +1 for the Digitech BP200, its nice. I think im going to buy a boss chorus pedal sometime but its a great pedal for effects that you dont use enough to want to spend the $ on a stompbox.