1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My instructor BBMS got a new amp today and it sounds weird any explanations?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheJimster, Apr 13, 2006.

1. TheJimster

TheJimster

Feb 21, 2006
    Pensacola, FL
    Hey guys,

Slipknotz again!

OK my instructor just bought an Ampeg 800 watt 19 - effect bass amp today. He was foolin around on it and one of the effects was it had a distortion effect. Well he messed around with it and it just didn't sound like distortion. It was a little too high and didn't have enough note discretion in my opinion he's taking it back tomorrow to see what Harris can do about it but I was just wondering if any of you guys had a natural explination?

Thanx,
    Slipknotz

2. BBMS

BBMS

Jun 29, 2005
    ZZZzzzz .... the Ampeg is a BA-210SP. It has 220 watts. The Carvin has 800 watts. The effects were the "synth bass" and "square wave." I did go by the store, and learned that's the way the thing is supposed to sound, and is VERY tricky to manage (you have to be very careful or you get a sporatic burst of distorted sound), SO the bottom line is, the cab sounds great all other times, and I will put a sign saying,"Don't use effects 13-15.":scowl:

3. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    The BassPodXT also has a number of sounds I find suitable only for frightening animals. I guess the demonstrate how extreme things can be.