1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My jack is stuck...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Josh Pelican, Apr 24, 2010.

1. I cannot get the jack out of my Spector NS2000.

This is the only picture I have at present:
    r85jiw.

But as you can see, this is the type of jack:
    [​IMG]

A week or two ago I was playing and when I went to unplug, it wouldn't come out. I had to tug on it before it came out. A few days later I was playing and the same thing happened. This time it's stuck good. I mean STUCK. I have unscrewed the jack, but it doesn't come out far enough for me to look in without taking all of the wires off and re-soldering it.

I was going to take it Long & McQuade, but they are extremely overpriced.

I have a Planet Wave angled cable in there, and I think it's starting to come apart from me attempting to tug on it a few times. I won't tug anymore, because I don't want the cable to come apart with just the input in there.

The jack itself isn't expensive to replace, and the cables have a life time warranty... but what can I do here?

2. praisegig

praisegig Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Stephenville, TX
    Take the back cover off and see what the problem is. At least you should be able to remove the cable by pulling the tip away from the cable, if that is the problem. It also may have a burr inside the sleeve that will need to be filed down.

3. I took the back cover off and tried to look into the jack... of course, there's something covering it so I cannot look in.

j63p6x.

I'd rather not take it all apart and re-solder it.

4. Why not?

Honestly, it shouldn't take you more than 2 minutes to de-solder, and another two minutes to re-solder, excluding the time needed for the iron to warm up.

5. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 Demons run when a good man goes to war

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    Commercial FREE!
    Is that one of those Planet Waves Circuit Breaker cables with the "wings" or "fins" on the sleeve? Just wondering.

X8

6. Yeah, but it's never done this before with any other bass. :(

7. EDIT: Okay, the cable is now apart and the input is still stuck in my bass.

Where can I order one of those jacks? I checked AllParts, but they wanted $60 for shipping. Guitar Nucleus wouldn't accept PayPal from people outside of the United States.

8. You should be able to find a seller on ebay that will ship here.
    It looks like this style:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/CHROME-STRAP-PI...tem&pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3359a4d243

But you'd have to measure it and compare to be sure.