my JAEbird review

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nubs, Apr 28, 2012.

1. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
    birdbed.jpg

i picked up a JAEbird from a fellow TBer a couple weeks ago, and for those who are not familiar with the JAEbird, they are a custom made Fender Bird from index and i wanted to noodle around with it and what not before i went on here praising or ranting about my new bass. Well, that being said this bass is amazing, and i simply love it. I been a 5 stringer for about 10 years so i was just a little concerned when the deal went down, but not any longer. This bass has moved up in my arsenal to the starting line up and it is going to be my main play! i currently own a Gibson Tbird 5er, a Lakland 5501, Lakland Jerry Scheff 5, and epi tbird IV pro and a Goth epi 4. the tones i can dial in through my SVT 4pro and 8x10 are amazing the neck and fret work are better than anything i currently own, and i love its feel. I plays yes, i will say it like butta! the neck is fast and i love the maple board. the craftsmen ship on this bass is flawless, in every aspect. the finish and color are amazing i cant say enough great things about the job Carlo does. and i will definately fly this bird proudly! i would highly recommend anything from Cataldo basses, you can the amount of pride that goes into their instruments in every aspect possible.

2. FrednBass

FrednBass

Feb 24, 2012
    I would be like this if i get to get a Fenderbird:
    SEINFELD.gif

3. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin

4. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
    rehearsal review: short and sweet the band loved the JAEbird, looks and sound. cut through the mix perfectly, blended well. the low end had plenty definition no muddiness, and the high end was crisp and clean. all the mid rand was full of perfect tone and full. i kept it short, will give a better review after this upcoming weekend when i gig it out for the first time.....so far this instrument would be an awesome addition to your arsenal!

5. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
    played my JAEbird Saturday night in a gig setting, and it was AMAZING tone was great, plenty of LOW end, and cut through mids. i have been nothing but 100% completely satisfied with this gem and have spoken with Carlo from Cataldo Basses a few times. these are great insturment, sounding, looking and the play incredibly well. I am already GASSING for my next Cataldo Bass!! thanks Carlo, and thank you BigDaddyO for the trade! :hyper:

6. cbrophy

cbrophy

Nov 11, 2009
    Central MA.
    Do you have any better pictures....I'd like to see the headstock too!

7. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
    0429120749.jpg 0429120748.jpg JAEBird1.jpg

8. J Gold

J Gold Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Houston,TX
    Awesome!
    I've been gassing for one, and Carlo has been patiently answering my many questions about pricing for various options.
    I'm gonna try to order one soon...

9. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
    don't hold back, the workmanship and quality of these instruments are incredible. you wont be disappointed...

10. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    Nubs which pups are those????

I own the black one on the website and the white one with the extra access cutout. great basses. Black one sporting 63 thunderbuckers, the white one has 66 thunderbuckers. The pickups are great too. Carlo and Steve have delivered big time....great basses and amazing for their pricepoint....

jaebirds1.jpg

11. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
    :bawl: they arent the thunderbuckers yet!!:crying: working with Carlo as we speak to get a set dropped in here, wont be long!! :hyper:

12. Thanks for the GAS, Nubs!!! ;)

13. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
    well, i alwys had to have a Fenderbird and Carlo surely does them up right!! and if you're at all like this bass player i really need to leave the building up to the "builders" and i promise you Cataldo basses will deliver without disappointment!

check them out http://cataldobasses.com/index.html PM Carlo tell him Nubs sent ya.....LOL :p

14. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    I love these basses! I nearly sold my soul for an Oly white/maple model last summer..Congrats!

15. bassvirtuoso

bassvirtuoso My God, it's full of chrome! Gold Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Nebraska
  16. I've read other reviews on it :bag:

17. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
  18. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
    yup me too, and i couldnt hardly base my interest in trading for mine, by buying into one unhappy campers .....i wasnt convinced by that review, especially when there had been so many other positve ones, i had to let the item be the determining factor, and there's been no looking back.

19. good for you.
    :bassist:

20. RaginRog

RaginRog Last guy you want to see is Employee Relations guy

Nov 29, 2009
    Formerly Staten Island
    Holy poopiees!! You can grow them in your garden???
    How much to grow one for ME?
    :p:ninja:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021