Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Jazz Family!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DWBass, Aug 16, 2005.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I just took an updated picture and decided to share with the TalkBass forum.

Marcus Miller Sig.4
    Standard Jazz 4
    Brice Douglas 5

2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Dammit DWB, your catching up! :cool:
    Nice family bro, keep the kids coming! :D

3. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Very Jazzy! You have excellent taste.

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Thanks! So do you! ;)

:D

5. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Black blocks with black pg. Love it!

You must be very proud of your pretty bevy of basses!

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    DWB, How's the B on the Brice (I have a Lefty Brice Ash Jazz 5)?

7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

It's pretty decent. My gigs don't require me to be overly loud and I have a medium to soft touch. So, it get's heard. The Brice is a pretty well made bass for the money! It was my main bass all of last summer.

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Yes, the Brice was a total surprise (much better than my MIM Fender and looks slicker too)....

Well, the other day when I installed my Bart 59j pair, I also added a B and E string retainer :eek:

I don't want to create an argument with any of the low B PhD's around here, but the B on my Brice plays and SOUNDS much better....but then again this is all subjective. :D

Pretty basses, BTW! :)

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    That's a very nice collection. (I especially dig the Marcus.) You could use a fretless, though, to round out the set. ;)

10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I do own a fretless but it ain't a jazz! How is the mwah on a jazz fretless? I need something with extreme mwah!

11. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    How is it?! Man, that's it. Favor the bridge pickup a little bit, and play closer to the neck, and you would have the definition of mwah coming from a J-Bass.

12. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    WE LOVE JAZZ BASSES :D

nice collection!

13. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Nice, now I need another three to catch up. Love the Marcus Miller, but mine just barely takes the cake ;)

Could go for a nice Geddy with a '70 RI Precision neck defretted and epoxied, sans pickguard a la Jaco. MMmmmm