my jazz sounds synthesised/wah wah!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by anonymous278347457, Feb 9, 2006.

1. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    Ive noticed that if i turn the tone knob all the way down on my mim jazz it sounds all wah wah/ synth. like in chameleon by herbie hancock. I only noticed this when i was actually playing chameleon. It dosent do this with the tone turned up.

I got this bass a few weeks ago, is it meant to do this? or are my pickups too high or something.

incase anyone was wondering/to avoid stupid replies :D im NOT running it through any effects. just straight to the amp
  2. danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    MAny times the pickups are too close to the strings and create a chorusing effect. Try lowering the pickups.....

3. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    ok, what if my pickups wont go down any furthur, my bridge pickup dosent seem to go as low as my neck one does.
  4. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    take it out, and replace the spongey stuff with something else. I had to do the same thing with my neck p'up. The mims have really stiff cushioning
  5. Light springs from the hardware store work very well. One on each pickup screw will hold the pickup up and let it return to position if you press down on it while playing. Sometimes the foam supports get stuck when you press down on the pickup.

Rick B.