my Jeep Gand Cherokee LAredo is up for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by Crockettnj, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    well, after much thought i decided to sell my car.

i inherited a smaller one and the jeep, though i love it, isnt practical ($$$) for me anymore. Baby on the way, wife leaving work, etc.

it is a 99 grand cherokee laredo with every upgrade offered at the time. it is/was loaded. it is not in mint condition, and i expect the price will reflect such. be in the ballpark of the kelly blue book good/fair condition as a starting point.

very good rubber on teh wheels, and a mint spare. these tires cost me some nice scratch. oil changed regularly 3k miles. V8.

dark grey with lighter grey trim, black leather. there are millions on the road, so i wont describe it in detail. instead, here is what is wrong with it. I am not trying to convince you NOT to buy it, but i figure i will be honest about whats wrong and then we can go from there:

front left fog light is out.

it need breaks. pads and rotors, i imagine, but maybe calipers on teh front right too. the breaks are so bad i will no longer drive it. I am rapidly becomming cash poor therefore will not replace/fix them. they are the main reason i am going with the other car and not keeping the jeep.

it has 3 scratches on the hood from the idiot who cleared snow off it using a snow shovel. they are roughly horizontal and about 8 to 12 inches long each.

the front license plate holder is gone. i have no idea where/ when. i wired the plate on , and it frankly looks good.

the roof racks show some wear/scratches from teh THULE racks i had on it. you have to look to find it. no, the thule isnt included.

the front dash mounted and front door speakers need to be replaced. no biggie. i left the front windows/sunroof open in a very heaven rain
    a couple years ago. the result was that the speakers got wet and crapped out. the electric is fine, its just the physical speaker.

the interior carpeting shows minor wear, as to be expected from a 7 year old car. a good detailing will go a really long way on this.

129,000 miles. however, they are literally ALL highway. I know everyone says this, but i live off of 4 major highways, and use each for work, travel, vacation almost exclusively. the car has very little city miles on it.

it failed inspection TWICE due to broken winshield (rock hit me) and due to the rear license plate light. i recently had a new winshield put in, but didnt touch the rear plate light. about that time the breaks started going, so i didnt bother reinspecting, anticipating it'd fail.

i love this car. It has lots of life left, once the breaks get fixed. however, it, like my AMP bh420 and some other stuff must go. it is purely financial.

we have a baby on the way. help a guy out.

i have a rear mounted luggage rack that attaches to the trailer hitch, as well as a bike rack that i will toss in . I also have a 50 foot (maybe more) 14 channel snake i will toss in, since this is a music site after all!!!!!

no reasonable offer ignored.
  2. Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    bump for a dollar figure.

$3,333.33 initial opening price. i checked 3 used car rags. this price is REALLY good.
  3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ

if i wasn't a poor college kid, this would be mine.

its in NJ too... not that far from home
  4. Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    down in glassboro at rowan, huh>? i have a bunch of friends who went there. sigma something or other borthers. its all greek to me.

anyway, how does this sound.

talkbass and rowan special- $2800

that is one very seriously low talkbass price.

yes, i am a motivated seller. and north NJ is awash in used SUV's. needing brakes is KILLING my ability to sell it .

i thnk 2800 is roughly 60% of bluebook.

lemme know.
  5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    would you be able to to an estimate on the repairs? specifically just the brakes. are you SURE the rotors need to be replaced? cause if it is just the pads, i can do them myself... but if the rotors are screwed then yeah they need to go too..

also... i'm assuming you're talking about the front breaks... what are the rear brakes like? pads or drums? and condition on them?

cause obviously if it is unsafe, i'd have to get it repaired before anyone drives it.
  6. Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ

on the right side, PADS AND ROTORS, no questions about it. the left side of the car, maybe pads only...the rotors look good there. I have to say i am not a mechanic at all... i really dont know about this stuff. but, the breaks are pretty well shot.

as for cost? i have absolutley no idea.

IMO it is certainly now unsafe to drive. this is ruining my ability to sell it at the 40,000 local dealerships in the area. Hence, my VERY low sale price(es).