Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My JT Beatle Bass is too good

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by byrdsfan, Jan 16, 2005.

1. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    I did my first practice with the Jay Turser Beatle (violin) bass (black) and i might be getting rid of everything i own! Well maybe not, but with TI Flats installed (they were $49 at a local store, i nearly fainted!) this thing sounds awesome and plays like a dream. More important, the lead guitarist (and my oldest pal) just loves it. He even accused me of practicing.

One thing though is i can tell it doesnt have the same oomph as my 57 Reissue P. But it does have a certain sound that fits our 60s approach. It also seems to make me play better. The strings are so smooth! I have flats on two other basses but they dont sing like this one.

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Good score, sounds like you found yourself a winner :). Post some sound clips! I wanna hear I wanna hear! :hyper:

Ray

3. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    Nice to hear that a JTsounds good. I put some flats on my SD 1/4 lb. equipped Fernandes p bass and totally love the sound now. Just for kicks, I took them off one day and put them on my Carvin lb70p which really sucked the life out of it :spit: . The flats went back on the p bass and rounds back on the Carvin where they belong. They both have a place in my life now :bassist: .