My JT Beatle Bass is too good

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by byrdsfan, Jan 16, 2005.

1. byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    I did my first practice with the Jay Turser Beatle (violin) bass (black) and i might be getting rid of everything i own! Well maybe not, but with TI flats installed (they were $49 at a local store, i nearly fainted!) this thing sounds awesome and plays like a dream. More important, the lead guitarist (and my oldest pal) just loves it. He even accused me of practicing.

One thing though is i can tell it doesnt have the same oomph as my 57 Reissue P. But it does have a certain sound that fits our 60s approach. It also seems to make me play better. The strings are so smooth! I have flats on two other basses but they dont sing like this one.
  2. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Good score, sounds like you found yourself a winner :). Post some sound clips! I wanna hear I wanna hear! :hyper:

3. eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    Nice to hear that a JTsounds good. I put some flats on my SD 1/4 lb. equipped Fernandes p bass and totally love the sound now. Just for kicks, I took them off one day and put them on my Carvin lb70p which really sucked the life out of it :spit: . The flats went back on the p bass and rounds back on the Carvin where they belong. They both have a place in my life now :bassist: .