My Ken Smith Burner 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Folmeister, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Hi, Folks!
    I have a Ken Smith Burner 5 that I bought from Guitar Center in the early 90s. I rarely play it, and would like to sell it to fund my first custom-made bass. I have looked on the Web and found a little information about the burner series in general, but am clueless as to how to tell the regular Burner 5 from the deluxe? Mine seems to be different from others as it has a quilted top and an amber tint finish. The others I have read about came in other colors. What would be a reasonable price to ask for it?I have seen others on E-Bay going for around $800, but I am unsure if mine is worth more or less? HELP ME, BASS GODS!!!!

2. modulusan

modulusan Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2006
    I have a blue traslucid 5 strings. I think that mine is a deluxe. I think that te difference is that the standard have solid colors like black, deluxe have traslucid colors, like my traslucid blue. custom have natural and traslucid lack and the top of line is the artist model that have body with mahogany center and maple tops and 5 piece maple/mahogany neck I think....

I think that yours could be cost around 1000/1200 bucks...good luck...
  3. 3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Wow... I wonder if he managed to sell it within the FIVE YEARS between the original post and the response :)