Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Kid gets her 15 minutes of fame...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LoJoe, Nov 12, 2004.

1. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    Tonight at 9PM Eastern on TLC (The Learning Channel), the subject of the episode of "What not to wear" is Jennifer. Jennifer is my kid. I will probably be listed as "Jennifer's Dad" in my 15 microseconds of fame when they ask me what I think. It was an interesting experience to say the least, but we're all glad it's over.

For the record the woman shown as "Jennifer's Mom" is not my current wife. I upgraded about 10 years ago. :D

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    My ex's family is going to be on the show around December 15 for a wedding special edition.

3. That's cool! So, did she get to keep the clothes and all that?

4. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    Yup. 5 days in NY City with a 5000 dollar shopping spree.

5. Wow. I'll take 5K worth of clothes if someone wants to give them to me. :D

6. leanne

leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    Hey, I watched this because I saw your post last month. Hehe, I saw you, that's cool. :)

7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    yeah, but $5000 worth of WOMEN'S clothes? :D

8. Um.....maybe if the woman comes with them. :D

9. Just saw the show...lol

$5000? Hell, I would take a detour into a music shop, pick up a bass or two, and run like hell.

10. Or sell the clothes at a black market then do a runner

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    i dont think i personally could spend $5000 on clothes in one shopping spree, even over a few days.....unless i bought ridiculously stupid over priced designer clothes from dead french guys. but i am talking about $5000 worth of clothes i would wear......no way

very cool for your daughter though......

-Mike

12. Um, dude, a few weeks ago, a bunch of people came up to me with cameras and stuff and wanted to have me do this "what not to wear" thing. No, it wasn't about me; they had someone with them that was dressed pretty strangely.

Of course, not knowing the show, I refused gently and recommended a nearby friend of mine, saying I wouldn't be very good at criticizing stranger's clothes. Of course, that friend happened to be just on his way to a class, so the camera-wielding crew went on their way.

Arg!

Oh well.

13. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    5 grand on clothes?! I don't think all my clothes, jackets and shoes total $1000. Your daughter must've been in heaven with that kind of shopping spree.

14. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    wow! lucky girl!

not to be rude, but did she dress badly before the show? i dunno if it's the same over there, but WNTW over here features really badly dressed people....

15. wingnutkj

wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
    Scotland
    You could probably claim that the bass was an accessory. Women spend hideous amounts on hats and handbags, after all.

"Yeah, I was going for a retro look, and what with black being this season's black again, I decided that this '64 P-bass would really set the outfit off..."

16. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.

Yeah, she dressed pretty badly a lot of the time. She works as an ICU nurse and also has a new baby, so her life is pretty rushed. She also had to fit into what she could while losing her pregnancy weight and had resorted to some of her "teen clothes" which were downright pitiful. They did a great makeover on her with the greatest improvement being the elimination of her multicolored dark root hairstyle.

Here's her slide show on the TLC website:

Jennifer

5K for clothes didn't go too far in NYC at some of the stores they restricted her to though.

17. Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton

Nov 13, 2004
    Delran, NJ
    that sounds realy cool good for you guys

18. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey watch it! Our Gia has feelings too.

brad cook

19. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    huh?!

btw i think jennifer looked ok before the makeover!

20. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    That's what I always found funny about those make-over shows. The person always looks great at the end, but then the host or hostess will tell you the price of the wardrobe. Let's get real here; the majority of everyday people aren't going to drop that kind of money on clothes.

Congrats about your daugther though Joe. "Upgrading" is always good. :D