Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My kids are FREAKS!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tuBass, Sep 24, 2003.

1. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    OK, maybe freaks is a harsh word, but how else would you explain a 7 year old that goes to bed every night by singing every word to "ring of Fire" and "sunday morning coming down" including the line...
    on the sunday morning sidewalk
    wishing lord that I was stoned

My 5 month old daughter's favorite thing in the world isn't a lullaby from her Mom, it's me playing the bass line to "what's going on" The other day I started my DVD to "Standing in the Shadows", and then walked away to do lawn care, and came back later and my wife and her were sitting in front of the TV, and you've never seen a 5 month old focusing on anything like she was at that TV.

I don't know if I'm proud or scared.

2. Buy 'em a short scale...:)

3. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I'm assuming you know he already has one.

[​IMG]

4. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Brainwash teh kids early eh? I'm starting to worry man...;)

5. Andy Allen

Andy Allen "Working Bassist"

Aug 31, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    My little girl is just three, and her favourite song is Paul Young's "I'm Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down." And she knows that the person playing bass guitar like Daddy's is Pino Palladino.

When we go anywhere in the car she wants to hear it over and over, and sings along with the words.

I suppose I'd better make the most of it before she gets into teeny-boy bands and I have to put up with that.

AB

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Proud, no question.

7. Ouch...buy them a guitar;)

8. jazzcatb17

jazzcatb17

Dec 27, 2002
    Louisville, Ky
    Be scared..... very scared.......

Im only seventeen and dont have kids of my own, but i do have lots of little cousins, and experience of being a young kid recently myself. If your kids love music thats great for you and them... but it will be a nightmare on your wallet. You see, kids, even up to my age, have severe gimmee gimmees. Anfd if they love music, just like anything else, be it skateboards or dolls, they will want what they percieve as the best in it. Young kids dont have money except what you give them... so the instrument responsibility is on your lap. But you also love music, so anything they ask for you'll be more likely to buy simply to increase your kid's interest and because you'll probaally think the thing is pretty cool. All that spending is harsh on the billfold:D