Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My kid's smokin' new rig!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ZuluFunk, Apr 23, 2004.

1. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    That's some birthday present!!!
    She's turning 4 and I already have her stepping up from her acoustic.
    Now she has some nice overdrive...this is a pretty loud amp.

2. That's a nice rig! When did your daughter start? I have a 1 year old and I can't wait until she gets old enough so I can by me, I mean her, a mini rig.

3. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania

I started her out with her first toy guitar on her 2nd birthday. Just a prop to use when entertaining us. Now she actually strums away while she sings.

4. Cool. I can't wait! She loves it when I sing and play my acoustic. She tries to strum and fret.

5. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    How is that Daisy? I am getting my 4 year old one in a couple of months(pink heart), but I was worried it would still be too big for her. Does it sound good for the $300, or is there a better buy?

I like the Marshall amp though. They sound really good for such a small amp.

6. Danksalot

Danksalot

Apr 9, 2003
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    Endorsing Artist: SIT Strings
    Daisy Rock guitars impress me every time I pick one up. They've got Duncan Designed pickups, and a really solid feel. I don't think you'll find a better buy at that price.

7. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    The Butterfly short scale is part of a brand new line...her's is one of the first. This went for $209 at Music123. It was on back order due to production delays but made it here with two days to spare (wheew).

It is a tad heavier than I had expected, but still scaled down enough for my kid. She's going to be 4 but, seriously, she towers over other 4-year-olds. She looks and acts more like she's 6.

It is built very solidly. The neck is pretty small and when I tried playing it I had a hard time not getting out of tune. Typical bassist.
    It will serve its purpose and then some I expect until she's about 10-11.
    Then I'll get her a thinline tele with a bigsby (that she'll let me use of course) and a half stack.

8. Man, I thought I was cool for getting my Girlfriend's 12 year old son a Danelectro DC 4 string and a Kustom 1x10 combo. :mad:

On the other hand, I know how much ear damage can be done and nerves can be frayed by a 6 year old with a karaoke machine at 7AM on a Saturday morning...

9. odie

odie Supporting Member

I thought about getting something for my 5 year old daughter. Tell me how it balances etc. That was my big fear in regards to its looks.

10. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    Well I just went and bought my daughter the purple heartbreaker bass today. It is a great insturment. Well balanced and a very good sound.

I did not know that the guy who owns Shecter guitars/bass' wife is the founder and owner of daisy guitars.

Hey Zulu, how did you get the butterfly so cheap?

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    And I'm sure it's just breaking your heart to have the extra music gear to muck about with when she's out of the house, eh? :D

12. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    It's probably not the most ergonomic design I've seen. She bumped her chin on the upper bout (right wing) and got pouty. I cranked up the gain and she was smiling again. It's also not great for playing seated.
    But, the design does make it look cool and will likely cause her to pick it up more often than a standard design.

13. What cool guitars. Man, I wish that I'd had one when I was a little(r) kid! Spoilt brats... :spit: :D

[k]

14. Cute!!! :)

Our son likes to hit bongos. I'm hoping he will give me lessons one day. :D

15. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    [about when poor kid hit her chin]

Does anyone think it would be better looking if the wings were like a flying?