Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Lakland and thanks, tyjacks!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adrian garcia, Nov 10, 2004.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    well, as is customary , it is due time i put up a couple of pics of my recent Lakland acquisition. There's a photo in another thread, but since i bought this bass a few weeks ago, from fellow TB'er tyjacks - yo, Tom!
    i have really been enjoying it. Originally, it was meant to be a transitional bass until the Nordstrand was ready. I meant to play it a few weeks and sell it. But it is so nice that I am just going to have to find another way to pay for the Nordie. Everytime I sell a Lakland of mine, I regret it later. Just wanted to share a couple of pics... she's very photogenic..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ..gotta a thing for white basses, i have a USACG Jazz 5 coming in trans white as well. The yellowish hue is from poor lighting, it's been rainy and cloudy in Vegas.

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Look sexy :). If they slanted that J it'd be one hell of a bass.

3. metalbob

metalbob

Aug 2, 2004
    so california
    :) :hyper: nice bass !!!! i love my new lakland 55-02 as well, love the color and the maple neck

4. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Beautiful bass!!!!!!!!!!!!! The trans white is my favorite Lakland color by far. If I ever get a USA Laky it will be that color for sure.

BTW, I just got a Skyline Glaub a week ago. It's sounds great, my MIM P was a mud machine. I'll post some pics as soon as I stop being so lazy (and figure out how to do it :rolleyes: ).

EDIT: What is that fingerboard :confused: ?

5. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    That's a sweet-lookin' bass. I think those chrome knobs fit it well.

I think it's one hell of a bass as it is. :smug:

I'm curious though... why you would want a slanted J pickup?

6. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8

Ya it is one hell of a bass. I fell in love with the Warwick Corvette FNA Jazzman and realised it was because of the slanted J. I don't really know it's just the tone you get from it compared to the straights that I've played. Also it looks real cool :bassist:

7. Birdseye maple.

not fancy but really classy... beautiful bass!!

8. classy indeed

now I need to go find myself a trans-white jazz bass... :bassist:

9. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Love the figure in the Birdseye Maple board! Nice Lakland bro!

10. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Trans white/maple is where it be at!

Can't wait for this one to be done.

Lakland looks great.

Will

11. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    great looking Lakie. Congrats Adrian.
    I'm thinking about replacing the knobs on my 4-94's with chrome knobs. Where did you get those? TIA

keep groooovin'
    Fran

12. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    stop posting this kind of pictures.
    i ve got weak heart.when i saw this picture i almost had heart attack
    i can have this bass only in my wet dreams.
    lol
    :D

13. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    those are just plain Dunlops, i am looking for smaller chrome knobs.
    Spain, huh? man, i have been dreaming of Spain or Holland for a while now. What is the music scene like there, can i guy make a living playing? My dad ( RIP) played in Madrid many years.

14. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    SORRY! :(

15. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    you're welcome to my neck of the woods Adrian.
    the music scene...uhmm...hard to explain...there are great musicians but the market is saturated with all these "stars" out of a TV program called "Operación Triunfo" (Think American Idols) where they teach the future stars to sing, dance, sign autographs, keep a healthy diet (fat people don't sell records well among teens :D )...really sad IMO.
    Original acts have a hard time to make a living playing their own music and musicians have to play top 40 bands at weddings and parties.
    The support for music programs at schools is practicly non existent and the music schools are centered around classical music and classical instruments.
    Sure a good musician can make a living in big cities like Madrid, Barcelona, etc. but small towns... :( at least I live in a really beautiful town with wonderful beaches, beatiful mountains and great food :D

keep groooovin'
    Fran

PS If you replace the knobs and want to sell the old ones send me a message. TIA

16. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    sounds beautiful.
    well, that's how i make a living. Playing bass for whatever artist, whatever song. I can adapt to most situations, i can read. I wonder if i COULD make a living out there... i have a friend, Bobby Martinez.. fantastic sax player.. went there and never came back. I'll tell you what.. i find smaller knobs and i'll give you these... peace!- A

17. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    That's a really beautiful instrument. Although I wouldn't know what to do with that extra string...I am sure I could manage. Again...nice bass!!!!

18. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

I have to agree that is the nicest Lakland I've seen. And, I'm cool with the freakish number of strings, as I'm a bit of a freak myself. ;)

And, I can also attest to Adrian being worthy of such a fine instrument. I saw him with the "Filipino Frank Sinatra" earlier in the year, and they went through enough styles to make your head spin. Adrian didn't miss a beat, and he was wearing leather pants, to boot. That had to ratchet up the difficulty factor under those stage lights. :help: :D :bassist: