My Lakland tour...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by allan grossman, Sep 14, 2002.

1. I got to tour the Lakland factory yesterday while I was in Chicago for the Stones concert. I brought my bass in for a setup (which Dan woudn't take any money for when the techs were finished) and I spent about half an hour talking to him and about twice that long playing everything I could get my hands on.

I also tool a fair number of pictures and Dan showed me a couple of prototypes. I put up a small website so y'all could see.

More on the factory tour later - but Dan and crew are some of the friendliest, most amazing people I've ever met.
  2. Also, please notice that I am wearing a Talkbass "chicks dig bass players" T-shirt.

3. that's uber cool, Al! i am really digging that guitar - a jazzmaster with P90s? sign me up!

so are you gonna buy a hollowbody or what?
  4. Man, I wish I could, dancehallclasher. If I were a jazz nut I'd have to own it - it's one of the most amazing basses I've played.

What impressed me about the g*itar was the "Lakland" on the headstock :D
  5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Nice pics... looks like you had a great time:D
  6. say, what are your impressions of the jerry scheff bass? they look kinda nifty.

i've never played a lakland. :(
  7. Jason Brown

Jason Brown Supporting Member

May 1, 2000
    SLC, UT
    Cool pics and cool story to go along with them.

8. Thanks for sharing that with us. Very cool.
  9. dancehallclasher asked...

say, what are your impressions of the jerry scheff bass? they look kinda nifty.

As far as feel goes a Lakland is a Lakland. They all feel pretty substantial and the necks all feel similar. They don't feel as thin as a Cirrus neck but they aren't as huge as most Warwicks - they just fit and I have smallish hands.

Tonewise it was maybe a bit punchier than a bart-equipped Lakland. I liked it.
  10. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    A Duck Dunn bass? Hot damn! That's hella/uber/mega cool.