Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my laney 65

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by miccheck1516, Aug 23, 2003.

1. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    Ive had this for some time and have been thinking about loads of differnt possibilties.

On the back of my laney is a juck plug that says 'external loudspeaker 8 0hm minimum impendence'

Does this mean that i can stick an 8 0hm cab under my amp at the minute and it will be powered? IF so this would mean id be getting more power from my amp, i have farted around with number and come to the conclusion that i would then be sucking a little less than 100 watts from my amp, would this be correct? Also, would 100 watts be enough for smallish venues, it would really only be being used as a stage monitor as i would go line out to the PA.
    Thanks in advance guys.

2. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    bump

Anyone???

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Yes, you can plug in an extra cab of not less than 8 ohms into that jack, and it will be powered by your amp.

100 watts would suffice for stage volume, but you might want to keep the low end turned down a bit to avoid clipping if you are pressing it too hard.

4. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    excellent, i dont really like too much low end anyway. i like clarity i usually have my treble turned up past 3 o'clock mid between 12 and 3 and bass usually around 12 o'clock....

Thanks.