1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My larger economy board

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rickenmonster, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Made a bigger board. Used 1x6 cut to fit for the edges and 1/2" crezon plywood for the top, which is fully sheathed with Velcro. This allows me to place pedals anywhere and drill holes where required for cables and cords. I can also mount utilities underneath with plumbing strapping and 1/2" screws. 6 screw-on rubber feet completes the basic board.

This is an inexpensive way to make a versatile board. I had all the materials laying around the shop and only paid for the Velcro. I would recommend something smooth for the top so the Velcro can adhere properly. A piece of melamine shelving would do fine.

If anyone plans to go this route, I would recommend drilling your holes with a spade bit that has points at the ends as a flat one tends to tear up the Velcro. Installing the hook strips to the board is a good idea but the proper drill bit will also work on the loop strips.

Hope someone finds this useful. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1397357217.182994.