my last day at work

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by xcental34x, Feb 25, 2005.

1. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    In two hours, I go in for my last day of work at UPS. They've been good to me, but I've got to get out of there. I'm kind of nervous, but I don't think I'll look back too much and miss it. The people there absolutely suck. Nothing to really miss except the hefty paychecks. But I'm sure I'll feel better next week when I'm sitting at home, able to go out with friends during the week.

I start at MCI in on March 7th. I think in the end everything is going to turn out alright, and for the better.

2. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Im glad you feel that way, looking forward optomisatically is very very cool.
  3. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Its not like UPS is the only good company to work for in this world. MCI may not be the best, but I'm not looking for a carreer just yet. I'm 19 and still in college. I'm still the little rebellious teenager I have been for the past 15 years.
  4. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Congrats! I've been looking for a real job since I finished college in December, I look forward to taking a nice time off before I start my new job, whenever and whatever it may be...

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

All the best in your new path. :)
  6. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i hope it works out for you! :)
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Wow....I remember when you got that job. Back then, you were asking us here in OT about it.

8. Did you ever deliver a package to MCI ? :D

Seriously, best of luck with your new job.

Mike ;)
  9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I withdrew from berklee yesterday myself. I still went to one of my classes today, just because it's the one class that actually means a damn to me. But I'm going back to california soon. :hyper:
  10. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Stop by and say hello. :)
  11. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Good luck with the new company.

Change is a good thing.
  12. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Well, its over. I just got home. Not as overwhelming as I had anticipated. I realize this chapter in my life is over. I learned I am elligible for rehire, so if I'm ever down in my luck, hopefully I will be welcomed back. I'm looking to the future with slight optimism, yet confusion. I know everything will be fine. God hasn't gotten me this far to let me down now.
  13. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    You should have done this to your boss.