Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Latest Gig

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Dr. Eagle, Jul 3, 2005.

1. I just played the Hullabaloo 4 in Sacramento in support of Pat Upton, Al Wilson and Terry Sylvester of the Hollies. It was a real blast... Terry's set was the most fun... the guy's a real pro and a genuine person.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats the Claro Walnut LB76W :bassist:

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Never played with Al Wilson or Terry Sylvester (frankly I thought Al Wilson was dead, but I guess he's not), but I played with Pat a couple years ago and he's a terrific guy. Sounds like you had a blast.

3. Hysteria

Hysteria Guest

Jun 29, 2005
    England
    Nice photo's! Looks like you had a great time, and thats a pretty nice bass you have there too! :)

4. [​IMG]

Pat is a wonderful guy. We had a great time and he was so gracious, thanking us for being so well prepared for his set.

[​IMG]

AL Wilson was a little different, suffice it to say, after 40 years of doing these shows, he knows EXACTLY what he wants. He was also very gracious after the show and thanked us all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The camera must have been right over my shoulder. This is Al singing Dock of the Bay.

5. Jeb

Jeb

Jul 22, 2001
    USA
    I'm aware that this board serves a variety of players in various stages of accomplishment and I must admit that I'm more than a little impressed. Nice job, What a great time that must have been!

6. Thank you for the wonderful complement. It was the highlight of my Semi-Pro career (I have played paying gigs for years, but maintain a fairly high level technical day job).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry I guess these aren't being hosted on Yahoo... but if you click on the links it'll give you a view of the pictures. Most fun I have ever had at a gig, and we had the material so well drilled in our heads, we came off sounding like the original artist's own bands.

That was particularly true of the Hollies material. Our Back Up singers did a particularly superb job on that set. I have listened to the recordings and you could almost close your eyes and believe it was a Hollies concert.

All in all it was an experience I hope to repeat next year with a gaggle of different artists. We were told by the talent agency (Mars talent from NY) that they'd use us for anything they have in Northern California without hesitation. That was a pretty nice complement too!
    Maybe next year we'll have a dressing room that isn't an RV!