1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My Latest Recording Project

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Eric Hochberg, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Here's a link to the new cd by saxophonist Mark Colby, which I played on and co-produced.

Featuring Jeremy Kahn/piano, Bob Rummage/drums, Mike Pinto/guitar.

A cool mix of straight-ahead jazz.

Mark Colby | Yesterday's Gardenias | CD Baby

Enjoy!

2. locriansharpsec

locriansharpsec

Jan 12, 2009
    soothing. very nice man!

3. Like...

4. Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Thanks, fellers!

5. Great choice of tunes, Eric, and the recorded sound is beautiful all around.

I always dug "Yesterdays gardenias", a much ignored standard and love that you state a snatch of the meody at the top of your solo. IMO, it's always refreshing to hear the bassist play with melodic bent ideas. Not enough of that out there for sure.
    I look very much forward to hearing the whole side.
    Congrats, man!

6. Marc Piane

Marc Piane

Jun 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Killin. Eric and I traded new records and that whole side is great. Really great playing all around. I took lessons from Eric for a while because I really dug his melodic approach soloing. You are certainly smokin here. Bob swings hard. I love playing with that guy. Jeremy slays me man. It seems the man can do anything from the most inside stuff to really pushing the harmonic envelope in the best way. He's a Jaki Byard protoge isn't he? And what can you say about Mark. Smokin. I need to spend some more time with this record but I've listened a few times and love it. Kudos.

7. GrowlerBox

GrowlerBox

Feb 10, 2010
    Nude Zealand
    This (and fingers' recent recording, BTW) is just great. Enjoyable set list, brilliantly played, and the recording is excellent. Both these recordings have picked up every nuance of the bass; the techniques are just getting ridiculously good.

Excellent, and I'm gonna buy them both!

8. Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Thanks Paul, Marc and Growler!

9. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    Chicago
    ..beautiful Eric. I love the way Mark fills his horn, such a big sound, and you're matching it with your sound. Just great!!

10. Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Thanks, Christ! Good to hear from you, it's been a while.

11. Great stuff.

12. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Qu├ębec
    Nice playing, cool tone.