Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Le Compte "blessed" by Oteil!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lo end PUNCH, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Before shipping my LeCompte VBX 6 string, bud asked if he could take the bass to Oteil Burbridge's show to let him check it out(Oteil is Mr. LeComptes fave bassist :) ), of course I said by all means "YES". Otiel first commented on how beautiful the bass was and then slapped on it a littled while, THEN signed the back of the headstock !!! How cool is that? Makes ordering that bass even more worthwhile. Bud took pictures and will soon post them on his website. Thanks bud.

2. JJBACOOMBA

JJBACOOMBA Commercial User

May 31, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Lecompte Bass Owners Club Member #2
  3. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    :( Sorry!!, Bud will chime in here at one time or another with the pics I'm sure. I have seen one with him Oteil and the bass. Posting pics on here seem to require some sort of rocket science 'cuz everthing I try just dont work :meh: . I'm sure Bud will post the pics soon. He posts here on a regular basis and has been great about showing the work he does. To see pics of the bass you can go to the Luthiers corner forum a click on the "Pics by request" thread. The pics will also be on the Le Compte custom basses website.

4. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Just messin with ya... sounds awesome!

5. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Try Imageshack, its free and uploading images is a breeze. Once you upload your image there you can grab the link that they provide you, then just use your IMG tags in your post and voila!

6. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    You must be talking about this:

[​IMG]

:D :D :D :D Great show!!!!

He signed it "Oteil from Egypt"

Mr. Punch, I still owe you a pic of the sig. I'll do that tonight.

7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
  8. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Cool!!! Thanks Jazz for the info.