My Les Paul Bass Build - I need a Gibby too...

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by BassHappy, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Indiedog

Indiedog

Aug 23, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    So strange. And it has taken no small amount f time. It sure will feel nice when it is repaired and back home safely.

BassHappy likes this.
  2. Yeah, I am not overly concerned about it. This baby was over 4 years in the making and it's always been a bear that we had to wrestle to the ground. What is another year or two in the grand scheme? The endgame is to simply to get it right, which we will...

Indiedog likes this.
  3. Indiedog

Indiedog

Aug 23, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    That is both a good point and an excellent way to view life. It IS worth all the time and effort it takes to get it to where it deserves to be.

THEN we want to see lots of those promised, glamor photos!!

BassHappy likes this.
  4. Platt Allen

Platt Allen

Feb 27, 2021
    Did you find that the LP bass body was similar in dimension to a LP guitar?

you have a wonderful looking instrument. I hope it plays well.

BassHappy likes this.
  5. Hello,

Thanks for the kind words and for your question.

As it says on page one of this thread:

"This is a big part of why I decided that I would like to make a Les Paul bass with a medium scale neck – using a guitar body. If it is good enough for PRS #11 it's simply a good idea for me. A Les Paul guitar – although it has varied some from year to year – is approximately 13” X 17.25".

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021