...my life is over...wanna be interviewed by me?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Sheep Man, Apr 12, 2005.

1. As some of you may know, it was my birthday a little over 2 weeks ago.
    As I'm sure none of you know, but some may have guessed, a friend of mine bought World of Warcraft for my birthday.

So, like I said, my life is over. It's time for me to kiss my friends, my family, my girlfriend, and anything else important in my life like food, sleep, and bass goodbye.

But...I'm justifying it by saying it's for homework, since my research methods professor actually allowed a friend and me to start a research group on the game, and how people's rea lives translate into the game.
    Any of you play?
    What server?
    Can I send you a mini survey that I'll be asking several rounds of follow-up questions to? :p
  2. DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Are you out of your mind? Why would you waste your life(notice I didn't say time) on a video game?

3. captainbeardo

Mar 11, 2005

Same reason people spend their lives in the bottom of a bottle. Addiction. :)
  4. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Same reason you play bass, and come on here. I play a lot of games myself, but that does not mean I'm wasting my life. Generally in a day I spend probably about 6 hours gaming. But at the same time, I'm maintaining a 3.7 GPA at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in the Aerospace Engineering program - no walk in the park by all means. So I like to have fun and play games, so what? So what if it takes up a large chunk of my day, at least I'm not going around comitting crimes and what not (and don't even get me started on the violence in video games B.S.).
    Just my $0.02

5. i played that game a few months, it gets dry, give up now dont play, i was a lvl 33 NE Druid
  6. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
  7. You can send me a tell, if I'm ever on. I'm on Cenarius as Arikash a dwarf hunter, or on Thunderlord as Thurn, a tauren hunter.

It is drying up for me, you should really try to go for EQ, there are a lot more people "addicted" to it IMO, as all that's left really is hardcore raiders, not a whole lot of casuals left. If you do decide to check out EQ, goto Veeshan(or Luclin now or soon), and send a tell to Mordachi, luvmistrezz(might be 2 v's and 1 z, can't remember), Lonmoer, Plax, Gehemon, Klidorren(or 2 d's). Tell them Ari sent ya and they should help you out.
  8. how does the pricing work, i hear you have to pay to play now? being a former starcraft/warcraft 1,2,3/diablo 1,2 fan..

Anybody know?
  9. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Yea same here I was into Diablo for FREE but $15 a month for world of war craft.......Shyea ...right
  10. McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I used to play up until the end of March, I'll answer any survey. And as to why people spend time wasting away playing a game? It always seems like a good time and its fun...kind of like gigging in a band that is never going to make it.
  11. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    My friends are obsessed too.

12. I'd just like to point out that D2 is vastly different from WoW.
  13. Oh wow.
    I didn't expect to start up this kind of conversation.

I was just making a joke about playing a MMORPG and how it tends to take up a fair amount of time.

For the TB savvy, I haven't been posting for quite some time now, since a while before my birthday, actually. I made a post in...I think it was Eric Cameron's thread about needing to re-support this wonderful site, and, as you can see, I have not done that yet, either.

Unfortunately, nettor, I can only use current players in my study, so I can't send one to you. :(

Also, I think this thread title that I chose is not very descriptive of what I'm looking for. :p