1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My life: the soap opera. Need advice.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Linas, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Soooo, i was dating this girl for a while, then we broke up and became friends (with benefits when the mood struck). So, im off to college and she is too. Im at UIC she U of I champaign. So im bored at my apartment and i call this broad to watch a film with me. Nothing happened between us, it was a platonic evening. But that movie 23 with jim carey SUCKED! So i call my ex this morning since we are still very good friends and tell her what i did last night and she hangs up and will not talk to me now. Obviously she thinks we did the old "in out, in out". So she sends me some text message saying that were completely over blah blah blah. It is important for me to remain at least friends with her because she is good friends with a lot of my friends and i dont wana to loose everyone in this process. So how about it Dr. Talkbass, what do you do in a situation like this? :bawl: or :bassist: Women... Sheesh.

2. Most women are clearly insane. Stop trying to figure them out.

Find a nice girl, get married and stop introducing the drama into your life.

3. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Water balloon slingshot
    Cottage cheese
    Mustard
    Saran wrap

Mix the mustard into the vat of cottage cheese. Pour mixture into a very large sheet of saran wrap, and carefully fold up into a ball. Set the vat out in the sun to "ferment". Get a 4-door car, and a friend to drive it. Open the rear door, and trap the handles of the water balloon in the door frame. Open the window of the door, and fold the pocket of the slingshot inside the car. Drive by ex-girlfriend. Load Mustard/Cheese bomb into water balloon slingshot pocket. Fire at ex-girlfriend. Warm nasty cottage cheese will stink to high heaven, and mustard will stain and ruin her clothes.

Problem solved.

4. bluestarbass

bluestarbass

Jul 31, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Date the new girl, get new friends, problem solved.

In my line of work we have to document everything. Make the girl sign a letter stating you had no sexual relationships. Send to old girl. Done.

5. Either get the ex-girlfriend to calm down and try to understand the situation.

If she will not do that, then just forget about her. As said, all women are crazy (and in my experience, have no logic in them when things directly involve themselves!).

Get her to listen and understand when you explain things, or forget her.

6. Haa haaaa haaaa haaaaaa... BWAAAAAA HAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAAA!!!

Good luck with that.

7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Stopping using lame terms like this might be a start, and getting over your ex wouldn't be a bad move either.

8. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    She's your Ex. Too bad for her, her loss. Start bragging to her about getting mad tail at your school. Text message her tonight, "Which do gals prefer? Should I get Trojans with spermicidal, or Her Pleasure?" That'll set her off like a roman candle!

Or email her, with photos of sex toys, asking "which one do you think a woman would prefer?"

9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Doing this without looking like a pyscho or a stalker may be tricky.

10. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    True, but you KNOW how steamed she's gonna be when she reads it! "I'm trying to pick a gift for my new girlfriend. Which do you think she'll enjoy more?"

Or leave a voicemail asking for advice, "Hey baby, this broad I'm railing keeps wanting to quit after her fourth orgasm. How can I keep from tiring her out too much?"

11. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Or just say "Man, I had forgotten how good a tight one feels!".

12. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Pay no attention to her for a week or so and forget the drama. If she wants to remain friends she will call, if not, don't bother. You did nothing wrong - this is her issue not yours.

13. Billy Low

Billy Low

Apr 14, 2003
    Chicago
    Sandberg Guitars

+1

14. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Move on with your life......plain and simple. If these friends are truly your friends, it won't matter what sour grapes she spews, they will still remain your friends. If not, they were never really your friends to start with. It's win/win for you. You will know who the real friends are, and who aren't. Like I said.....plain and simple.

15. Exactly!
    If you have been carrying on with her when it suited then you have created a difficult situation for yourself. Sort it out by being absoloutely clear with her, she is your ex and if she can't handle you getting on with a new relationship then is she really a friend to you? Or does she want you hanging on and being at her beck and call continuously?
    You should both be free to enjoy your lives without interfering in each other's private lives, but if that's not possible then I'm sorry but a friendship is not possible!
    There is nothing more demoralising for a new woman in your life to get wind of your ex giving you a hard time over your new woman, and to know that you are trying to please both women. Be careful, or your ex will chase her away, and you will have been instrumental in that by not sorting out the situation.

16. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    I guess it’s over. I would not call back someone who deliberately hangs up on me. It doesn’t matter because…

You social life is about to get suddenly very full as you’ll have a new set of friends! You’ll have room for a few friends from high school. You will definitely have better things for your time than ex-girlfriends who hang up on you 

17. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    Sounds suspiciously like the “we were on a BREAK” episode of “Friends.”

This is a weird phenomena that goes for guys and girls! Sometimes you don’t want to be with a certain person, BUT you don’t want them to be with anyone else. Silly, I know. But it’s true!

And sometimes when there’s a breakup, no matter who did it, it’s never truly final until one of you starts seeing someone else. It’s like there are two stages of breakups. The first being the breakup, and the second being the finally moving on. I’ve had that happen where I’ve broken up/been dumped and did the crying etc. and then when I found out that the other person was seeing someone else, I would get upset all over again—even if it was months later!

I guess it’s just a part of dating. I’m sure your girl is hurt that you were with someone else even though she isn’t doing anything to be with you. I had a recent situation where the guy I was dating was treating my like crap, not returning my calls, not answering my emails, not being there when I needed him. So I ended it and started dating someone else. And he was SO MAD! But he wasn’t doing anything to keep me, and didn’t act like he cared. SO, I’m guessing with your friend it’s the same thing.

Don’t take that as a sign that she wants to be with you. If she did, she would have been putting in the responsibility and making the effort. I used to think that it meant “oh, they really wanted me after all” but that is NOT TRUE. People who really want to be with you show you when you’re together, not just when you’re moving/have moved on. Once in a while someone will realize what they truly lost after you’re gone, but usually that only happens in movies.

Don’t give into the drama. Let your friend go and be mad. She’s playing games with you anyway. Find someone else. Maybe when she matures some she can put the responsibility in and give you a real relationship. Until then, have fun and stop calling girls “broads.”

18. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    She's prolly riding poles like mad now at her school. Shag the new broad and call it even.

19. true that brother!!!!!

20. louieeadg

louieeadg uncle petey?

Jun 13, 2007
    outer banks, nc
    My sure-fire way of dealing with this...

1-Visit her.
    2-"know her" in the biblical sense.
    3-Leave.
    4-I agree with chris, stop saying words like, "broad"....only Humphery Bogart can say these things...
    5-Go to a party.
    6-Bring raincoats.
    7-See what happens.
    8-Never call your ex again...if your "mutual friends" are really your friends, they'll still like you.
    9-You're at college for pete's sake, COLLEGE...COLLEGE...
    10-Have fun and do absolutely everything your impulses desire.
    11-Slip in a class or two...

cheers