My little M2 Rant a rooney

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Jan 10, 2005.

1. What's the deal?!?!?

I'm a low-dough basic tier+ kinda cable guy. I cannot justify the expense associated with paying for digital cable to wath the same shows.

I'm not into movie channels, and off-air radio I already get thru Sirius. So the allure just isn't there. of the only things I DID want from digi-cable was M2, or one of the other video variants. Call me a glutton for punishment, but I like the concept of Music Television...I resign to my teen of the 80's status.

So now ghetto cable gets M2 at last. I was psyched, as everyone always said "We don't bother with MTV, M2 shows all the good music, and they don't show shows...

WRONG! What, they change format the second they go free? A rundown of what I saw on various flicks-to during the weekend:

Hip hop. Pimp My Ride. Hip Hop. Beavis and Butthead. Hip Hop. MTV Cribs. Hip Hop. etc. etc.

I feel robbed and wronged. HOW does MTV get away with M2 now being their own sloppy seconds channel? I'm pissed.

The final nail in the coffin for that bastard network, imo. They jumped the shark with the end of Aeon Flux and the MAXX anyway. And 120 minutes.

Screw 'em.

Rant off. I'm going to go cry now. And get back to my cubicle werk.
  2. M2 sucks imo for the same reasons. Now, i know hiphop is the current fad in music, and m2 is just an extension of mtv which has largely forgotten music as a whole.
    i really am mad at the cable company because you may have noticed the other music channels, like MTV-spanish and such...there used to be an MTVX, which would play metal (closer to what i listen to) but then the cable company switched it to MTV hitz, which just plays even more hip hop...i kind of stick to MuchMusic (or whatever thats called), that has a bit more of a variety, although not much...i don't really watch tv anymore...
  3. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I kinda enjoy a Beavis & Butthead Moronothon once in a while. But still, MTV & M2 both blow chunks, if you're watching them for the music.
  4. It's all about VH-1 Classic.

Isn't MTV2 what was formerly known as "The Box- Music Television YOU Control?"
  5. right? I watched in the morning, early evenning, late at night on Saturday, and then again on Sunday, and STILL found nothing redeeming about it. NOTHING I'd wanna watch.

Never again. I stopped watching VH-1 when they followed suit with all the dumb, blathering shows. I'm so sick of these stations touting themselves as music stations.

I have no problem with Hip hop but it's not the only genre they should be catering to. The thing is, they're not even catering to good hip hop.

Thise channels are dead to me now. I even deleted them from my TV's channel roster.
  6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    MTV 2 should be HeadBangers ball, celebrity death match, and beavis and butthead 24/7
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    mtv2 used to be mostly rock a few years ago, now its all hip hop.
  8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Some day hip-hop will no longer be cool, and rock will be popular again. At that point, you can watch head bangers all day on MTV or M2, then you can stop complaining.

That Surreal Life is kinda funny on VH-1. I was watching the new one last night with the Mini-Me dude. He got all drunk, and some hot super-model chick was skinny dipping.

9. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Nah, that was a different channel.