My local guitar store stinks....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by purfektstranger, Feb 18, 2006.

1. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    I deal with a local music store in Montreal (Steve's Music). This afternoon I went to the store with my nephew to drop off a bass for setup and strings and a defective high hat pedal from an electronic drumset. The store is divided up into different departments (drums, guitars, keyboards etc..).
    We walk into the drumshop. Alot of people there but the staff are very cool and well organised and the customers are being looked after. We are in and out in ten minutes. Next we walk into the guitar chaos. Staff are numerous but noone seems to know what the heck is going on, which customers are waiting etc. We walk in and go to the service counter located at the back of the store. After about four or five minutes it was pretty clear the service guy wasn't there. I flag down a sales clerk and ask him if there is someone in the service department. He looks at me asks what I am dropping off. After I tell him he answers that he can't help me but the service guy can, only he is out for lunch. I ask him if he knows when he is coming back and he shrugs and walks away. We wait another four or five minutes and I flag down another sales clerk and ask her if there is someone replacing the service guy who went to lunch. She tells me no and that I will just have to wait.
    I tell her no, I won't just have to wait and ask for the manager. She rolls her eyes and just then the service guy walks in from his lunch. He says he'll be right there and ducks out for a smoke. Ten minutes later he comes back and checks in the bass and defective pedal (all returned or repairs come through the guitar shop).

I will never ever buy a guitar from Steve's Music. The staff are bunch of arrogant, inexperienced punks who don't give a $hit about customer service. The drumshop on the other hand is the complete opposite. Great staff who are curteous and don't leave people hanging. Anyone have similar bad experiences with local music stores?
  2. bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    There is one around here called tewksbury music shop. My only experience with them is when i went it to just check them out. I walked around, they had some cool stuff (a lot of Ric basses, and just all around a cool secetion of guitars). So I ask the lady how much the 4003 on the wall was going for, she calls to her assumed husband and he says $1200. I wasn't really wondering the price as much wanting some help, because I wanted to test out an amp. So I bring the bass over into the amp room (yes, they were in a different room than the guitars, and then after looking around I don't find any cables. So I ask the guy, he mumbles something, so I just put down the bass and leave. They have the best selection out of any of the stores around here (well maybe not the best, but they have just a much different selection than jsut the usual fender, ibanez/whatever) but the people were just very very unfriendly.