My Lovely Valentine

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dave Metts, Feb 14, 2002.

1. What a Valentine's Day! As I was getting ready to leave for class, the UPS guy showed up. This really takes the sting out of having no girlfriend on Valentine's Day. :D

I haven't had a chance to plug it in yet, but it sounds marvelous unplugged. As a matter of fact, I'm going to go hook up my amp so I can see how she sounds!

This pic is from the seller. I have not had a chance to take any of my own. As is usually the case, the bass looks much better in person (even though it looks great in the picture)!
  2. :eek: holy fudge !

I might get the same one, but fretted :D
    lets hear some recordings dude !

man those basses are sexy... pure sex with strings on it... :D
  3. bass2020

Aug 27, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    Sweet bass man!
    How does the neck feel?
  4. That puppy is SWEET! The fretless looks insane!
  5. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Who needs a girlfriend?! :D
  6. Fretless bass is a bit of a challenge! Once I get comfortable with the bass, I will definitely record something for you to listen to. I can't guarantee it will be much more than a few notes with some fretless cliches (sliding harmonics and such) in it. :)

The neck is actually very comfortable even for me, and I've got small hands. It actually feels thinner front to back than my Spector. I really dig the Basslines pickups so far -- this is my first bass with Basslines.

I'll be sure to update this thread a bit as I play some more. I don't want to get too busy with it tonight since I've got an exam tomorrow. However, this weekend should be a *lot* of fun!

Also much thanks to the seller, who happens to be a TB member. He should stop in and say a few words hopefully.
  7. Very tasty--the finish reminds me of a Creamsicle--so the words I use to describe its looks have to do with sweet, refreshing, etc.
  8. What a sweet bass....I would love to get one of those, I'll only have to sell my house and car. I already put them up for sale in the paper, if you live in SC, check it out.. I love warwicks so much, especially my Thumb 5, now i must have a fretless
  9. Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    woo! sweet bass man! happy valentines day as well..... yeah i got some candy... does that count for anything?
  10. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  11. Ohhhhh myyyyyy!

12. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    absolutely SWEET!

13. Basslines eh? If it didn't have the MEC preamp(does it?) I'd want one myself.

I hate MEC stuff. Gimme EMG, Seymours or DiMarzio anyday.
  14. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

My Warwick Streamer Stage I also arrived today!! Mine's burgundy red, fretted, and only has 5-strings.

Anyway, congrats on your beauty! I haven't had a chance to plug mine in either, but it really roars unplugged.
  15. Yeah, I'm pretty certain this bass has the MEC preamp in it. It sounds pretty awesome, but I may consider throwing a different preamp in it down the road (but I think that will require me to get new pots and everything as well).

Fuzzbass, congrats on the SSI! I hope you enjoy your new bass as much as I'm enjoying mine!
  16. blaquetung

Feb 17, 2001
    I'm on some stupid MAC at school right now just waiting out my time until I take my Partial Diff. Eq. test and get raped. I must say though that the thought of your bass makes things seem a lot better. :)
  17. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I'm lovin' mine, David. I slightly prefer the look of your LX: 2 piece top (almost looks 1 piece) rather than wings glued on neckthru laminates.
  18. Yeah I do love the top on mine, but your bass looks killer as well Fuzz! I think I'm starting to believe in the power of Warwick. The flame on this bass is so much better in person -- looks a bit more than AAA to me.

Blaquetung, glad to see you joined the TB party! I'll see you this weekend, bro.
  19. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Oooohh. I remember Differential Equasions... Well, I remember that it was a hard class... But I did enjoy it.. Good job!

And beautiful bass, and I usually don't even like Warwicks much. I guess it's that nice unfretted fingerboard...