my Mackie mixer is geeked!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by LakLnd5, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Hello bass players! I was wondering if anyone out there knows where I can get the full schematic to a Mackie 1642 VLZ pro. I'm having some problems and Mackie has been no help.
    It started with a cold solder joint on one of the stereo-line channels. I fixed that, but the OTHER stereo-line channel is now geeked. Only one side works. I get input from both sides (the input LED flashes) but the right side won't go through to the output nor the subs. The left side is fine except that it won't go to mono if I unplug the right side (I hope that's not confusing).
    I compared the input connectors signal to a channel that works, and they seem to be fine. I think the problem is on the main PCB and I need a schematic.
    One other annoying problem that came up at the same time: the original channel with the cold solder joint has a lit LED as if it is soloed, and it's not. The LED is on all the time. Other than that, the channel works well. :confused:

ANYWAY, does anyone know if I can get a schematic. I need to at least trace the signal flow. Thanks.