Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Mail To Marshall

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jack, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Just thought Id share something I just sent to Marshall, it was an idea that me and virtually every guitarist I know came up with.

Well? Im not expecting a reply, but it would be really cool when they release the 'Elliott Preamp/DI' :p

Jack.

2. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    That would be really nice if they did bring something back. I was a little disapointed that Marshall stopped making decent bass gear. I would love for them to rerelease the Super Bass Head. the only (good) Marshall bass head they make is the VBA400 and that is pretty hard to find for a decent price. Good Luck and hopefully Marshall will give you an automated repsone :p

3. wingnutkj

wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
    Scotland
    They tried a small preamp a while back:

http://www.amptone.com/marshalldrp1.htm

I've still got mine kicking about somewhere. Sounded OK at the time, but has been made obsolete by digital modelling preamps like the Line6 Pod. It was handy for plugging in to the 4-track and headphone practicing (guitar), but I couldn't imagine it'd be a very good DI/replacement for a miked amp at a gig - no XLR output, for starters. The main problem with mine was that the pots seemed to get incredibly dirty very quickly. Last time I tried it, they were so fuzzed up the unit was unusable.

4. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    See, the review says he liked it, but wishes it had more features. I think we need a DRP-2. Imporved with things like dual mono or even an XLR output.

EDIT - Hey, the guy from MxPx uses one still!
    http://guitargeek.com/rigview/47/

Jack.

5. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    If they could make the JMP1 into a stomp box, that would own all.