Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My man comes through!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    My friend in San Diego sent me 3 CD's, which I received in the mail on Saturday. They are Incognito's "Who Needs Love?", which isn't available in the US, Jamiroquai's Hamburg gig from 2002. They play some of the classics, including EOPE. I have to admit, during the bass break, Nick took the wimp's way out. Stu used to kill that section! Oh well. And last, but certainly not least, an AUTOGRAGHED copy of Marcus Miller's "Ozell Tapes"! Yowzah, yowah, yowzah! There's nothing that I could say that would give this CD justice. You just have to hear it for yourself!
    BTW, Incognito is an AMAZING band!

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    What kind of music is Incognito?

3. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Argh how is that Incognito cd? I cant believe they havent released it here...I have three of their cds. If it's good I may just have to import.

4. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I'm not familiar with Incognito, but I think they're sorta Acid Jazz. So, presumably in the same sorta vein as (early) Jamiroquai and Brand New Heavies. But perhaps more Jazz and less pop.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Moley, you're right, but they have a strong South American influence.