Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My MarkoMan Jazzray just finished

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by MPU, Dec 19, 2004.

1. MPU

MPU

Sep 21, 2004
    Valkeala Finland
    Here's a pic of my latest bass, MarkoMan Jazzray :)
    Alder body, maple/maple neck/fingerboard, Ibanez smooth tuner b2 tuners (thanks jonradwan), a Musicman copy bridge and SD QP bridge pickup on MM position.

Marko

2. Hey that's a nice looking instrument. Did you make the body from scratch or did you source it from a parts supplier? Either way it looks like a great piece. I'm curious as to how it sounds. It the SD QP a hum-canceling pickup or do you have a dummy coil? If not, is there alot of feedback? It looks nice no matter what.

3. MPU

MPU

Sep 21, 2004
    Valkeala Finland
    I made it from the beginning myself. PU is not hum cancelling and there's no dummy coil. I shielded the cavities and hope there's not too much noise left. As for the sound I can't really tell as I've only played it without amp. Acoustically it sounds good at least to my ears.

Marko

4. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    simple and classy. i like it

personaly i would have gone with a P pup : )

im thinkin about doing something very similar, but mounting passive tone controls and volume in the bottom of the guitar resesed into the body.