My maverick is finally here!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by htdesigns, Mar 27, 2003.

1. After many months of waiting I finally received my Maverick Custom shop S-4, and I have to say it has been worth the wait. This instrument sounds fantastic, has great sustain and looks the bomb. I know in the past there have been a couple of requests for info on these basses so here you go.

I have to say for the money they are one of the best buys out there, especially for something a little bit different. The body is bookmatched swamp ash with a maple and rosewood bolt on neck. The hardware normally comes in black chrome but i got solid black. I wanted a ebony board but they could not deliver on that, which was a shame but they sorted me out as a result.

Active pickups and preamp all designed by Trev Wilkinson, and i have to say this bass has volume. My MIA precision will normally be on about 5 with my amp on 6, with the Maverick to get the same volume you are looking at the bass on 2 with the amp on 1 and thats in the active input for the amp as well.

The bass did take bloody ages to arive but Woz at Regent Guitars in Leamington has been really cool and kept me sorted through the whole deal.
  2. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Nice bass, fella... I tried out a Maverick 5 down at Andy's Guitars in Denmark St, and was pretty impressed... nice B string too. The guys at Maverick are also very nice, a friend of mine is an endorser of their guitars.

Enjoy! :D

Russ :bassist:
  3. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    My brother has a maverick (guitar) and it sounds amazingly like a freinds jackson (better I think!).

Theres a local store to me that has about 30% of his stock are mavericks (basses and guitars). They look good, but on the whole too 'big' for me (I'm a little fella ;) ).