1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

my memory is fading...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by markusparkusrx, Apr 18, 2006.

1. markusparkusrx

markusparkusrx

Oct 26, 2004
    Some months ago I was lurking around as I often do and I came upon this thread (or group of threads) that had me in stitches. It was basically about some young guy going on about his band and how baddass they all were etc. Even though the band wasn't even fully formed and they hadn't played a gig. How they were going to take over the world, had 10,000 plus fans and maybe even a record contract.

Then there was some bit about how they were using (I think) the name inxs and INXS's lawyers had sent a cease and desist letter and they then issued a 'press release' talking about inxs as 'some band that was a little bit known in the 80's' or some such.

The reason I'm asking is that I've found a search engine for archived web pages. Since I never got to see the actual site for this "band" I was hoping to maybe find it laying around somewhere. I need a good laugh at someone else's expense ;)

Thanks,

-Mark

2. ebe9

ebe9

Feb 26, 2006
    South Africa
    I would read that. Sounds like a riot and I could also do with a good laugh.

EDIT: Just thought of another way to go about potentially finding it. Surely if they were "actually" contacted by InXS's Lawyers there would be some sort of record of it that would be available to the general public? In that way one could track down the band in question and thus have a bit more to go on when searching for the thread.

3. markusparkusrx

markusparkusrx

Oct 26, 2004
    Nobody? Hmmm... that's too bad. Seemed like somebody would remember cause there were so many replies in that thread. Oh well.

-Mark