My Meyer Sound MTS-4A's are here!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by prockenklang, Mar 16, 2006.

1. prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    I recieved my Meyer Sound MTS-4A's yesterday! These are most amazing cabinets I have ever heard!! They are sooo clean and LOUD! My 6-string Curbow sounded like a Steinway!! I set them up at my store,and about ten minutes later,a lady from the business next door came over and said it sounded great,but could I turn them down because pictures were falling off their walls!!! They are VERY expensive(retail new for $12,600.00 each) and heavy(280 lbs each),but well worth it.

2. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    I find that to be thoroughly ridiculous John!! And yet......... I'm strangely impressed. ;)

So, $25,000 worth of cabs, just for bass. I bet they sound better than new Honda too..:)
  3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    you a crazy cat, John :smug: . That rig must sound amazing!

Any pix that we could see?

... oh that Curbow looks great too!
  4. prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    I couldn't agree with you more!!! It is thoroughly ridiculous,but they are a blast to play through!! They are the ultimate rock and roll cabinets.

They do sound better than a new Honda! Speaking of new Hondas,I read a quote from Tom Hamiliton in the new issue of Bass Player that fits these."They sound like a dinosaur eating a car"!!!:hyper:

5. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
  6. MacGroove

MacGroove Brother of the Groove with a 'Pocket Full of Funk'

Oct 5, 2005
    Man, that could be one heck of a down payment on a house. :smug:
  7. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV

Lets see, if I didn't pay rent, pay for food or water....gas......ok...if I had no expenses what-so-ever, I would barely be able to afford one of these in a year after taxes.

8. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    paging Tom Bowlus . . . clean up in aisle 4.
  9. prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    Not in Monterey!

10. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    lets see some family pics John.

I'm curious to see how big these are.
  11. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
  12. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    The only thing Prock likes more than Meyer Cabs is exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!! :p
  13. prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY over $12K & almost 300lbs each, what's the point of this post???...

PS: You'll never move/use them at a live venue, especially with a higher stage & no ramp or should I say, crane...
  15. prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    What's the point of this post? The point is that this is a site for bass players to discuss their gear.As far as the price,people e-mail me almost everyday asking me about my Meyer gear,and how much it cost,and,maybe not to you,but to me,these speakers are worth every penny.Do yourself a favor and don't ever try one of these,because if you do,and aren't prepared to spend the money,you will have the worst case of gas that you've ever had.As far as their weight,they are heavy as hell,but once again,their worth it.Keep in mind,this is not going to be my everyday rig,I have a smaller Meyer rig that fits in the back of my mini van!

PS:I will move/use them at live venues with higher stages and no ramps!!

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY expected reply...give me a break...

PS: Why don't you start a thread on who actually owns any kind of Meyer rig here(besides your dealer self) & you'll see you're full of it...
  17. BassDerek

Aug 15, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
  18. seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    I went and checked the specs 140dB max SPL!
    I surprised you neighbor still had walls.
    And of course Meyer's publishes every spec in the book on these things - they look totally accurate and transparent.
    I can only dream. But hey, the price includes a 2.5kW amplifier. And I know some this technology will eventually trickle down to my price range.

Keep posting!
  19. +2 LOL! I Love Meyer Gear!!