1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My MIM Jazz needs an upgrade in Tuners....

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by BornboreD, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Two of them are slipping, and another is hard to turn. What are my options when it comes to a drop in replacement??

I like the looks of the tuners on my MIA Jazz, and they seem quite solid. I haven't had a problem with em in 10 years. Would a set of those work??

I'd like something with the traditional Clover Leaf design, that's light, yet sturdy and won't leave any unsightly marks from the old tuners visible once installed.

I'm thining a Detuner would be a nice added touch while I'm at it. I rarely play in a drop/open tuning but, it may come in handy, and it's always nice to have options....

What are the boards thoughts??

2. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    A lot of people suggest Hipshot tuners.

I'm going to get some in the future.

3. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone.

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Hipshot HB7 tuners are "drop-ins" for MIM Fenders (and HWY 1s). You should be able to get a set of 1 Detuner + 3 Standard Hipshot tuners if that's what you want...

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021