Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Mini Ag-Stack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by j-raj, Aug 27, 2003.

1. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Another GS 112 came in yesterday (Thanks Gard!)!!! Now I have my GS112 Stack!

Played it all night, til my neighbors complained...

Just thought I'd post a pic for y'all to see:

[​IMG]

2. So How youlike the Aggies? What 'cha got in your rack, anyways. I've got a similar setup.
    [​IMG]

3. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Rumble,

I bought the one on the bottom only a few months used from a TB'er and used it for the small club gigs that I have, but still didn't dig hauling my SWR Triad to larger gigs... Plus the tone of the GS 112 is more style than the Triad I have had for the last couple years. 2 112's are pretty loud, even gven that their footprint is so small!

I just have a SWR Bass 350 in my rack at the moment (that is going to be my next project to replace).

4. Sweet! I've heard two of those things together, and it's righteous. I'll bet if the neighbors had been bothering you before, they won't anymore..

5. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Siff,
    Yup, it's sweet! I got a preview of what it would 'look' like from your post with Jason in the GS212 vs. (2)GS112 thread (read that one through)... I think that the Neighbors are moving at the end of this month... That's ironic.

Rumble, I forgot to ask you earlier:

Is that you in the picture next to your 4 string Yammie?

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    j-raj -

Always happy to help a fellow lowlife disturb his or her neighbors.

:D

As for something new in the rack, may I heartily recommend a WT-550, 500 watts at 4 ohms, weighs 18 lbs. Sounds MMMMMMMMMGood. Got one hooked up to a pair of the GS112's in the shop right now. :bassist:

7. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    GO AWAY!!!!

i had just got over my 12 obsession.

repeat after me... my epifiani 2x10 is good for me, my epifani 2x10 is good for me, i wasn 2 aggie 1x12's ARGH.

8. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Get both... Right Gard?

Disturb the neighbors? Man, it was like Rodney Dangerfield in 'Back to School' last night!!..., til about 1am in the morning! Those 112's are actually kinda Loud. totally digg'n it!

*They were so loud that every now and then, when I'd stopped, I'd hear pounding from the door... Is that what you call sympathetic resonance? :bassist:

As for something new in my rack... I took the styrofoam squares from the Aguilar packaging and stuffed it in the top rack space in my little SKB rack case... Again, thanks Gard :D.

Seriously, I'll think about the Eden WT550, but I have to chill my little budget down for the rest of this month, gigs are really light this month.

9. Nice looking setup, J-Raj. You were getting a good sound out of your triad when I heard you, but those Aggies should should give you some of that deep, dark goodness. Kinda like bbq that's sliced off the end. :D

10. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
  11. No.. That's my mascot. He'smy compressor.

12. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Sufenta,

Yup, looks like what I have... except nicer rack.

I guess it is pretty popular rig!

Fleming,

Thanks dude! I'm glad you got to hear the Triad prior to it's temp-retirement.

Rumble Bot,

Cool Bot - Mascot!

j

13. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    Gotta love 'em! I replaced a 4x10 + 2x10 set up with these last year and I've never looked back. The big rig was overkill for what I needed and I hated hauling it around. The two Aggies sound better, have way more volume than I'll ever need, weigh next to nothing and did I mention that they sound fantastic?
    Just my opinion and experience but I can't see using anything else for a long time.

14. I though that I was having trouble with my Aggiesfor a while, but it turns out that I was just overloading my power amp. So I added the compressor to my preamp and a limiter just before my power amp and now they sound great. I just played a small outdoor gig with these at about 1/4 volume from my 540W amp and they sounded awesome! Low end and all! Can't believe I ever doubted them. Just had to give them the right signal.

It's great so see that I'mbnot the only person who likes these little rigs. I love having a power setup that doesn't weight more than I do. My whole stack only weighs in at about 125 lbs. My lower back thanks me.

15. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

Great to hear another happy/excited Aguilar Customer!

My Triad is up in my storage unit for the temp-time being.... (girl and I live in a 1bd/1ba apt) so it really saves me space, but Abby (the coned cat in my present avatar) love to pull the fuzz out of the cab carpet... like she doesn't have enough fuzz to deal with (go figure, she's a cat)

Both of those GS 112's together are less weight than that one SWR Triad!!! My back is thankful...

16. One Aguilar GS112 weighs about 45 lbs. Pretty kick ass for a 300W cab.

17. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    j-raj,

I've got a swr 350 AND an RBI I think they sound great together through the swr effects loop. if you don't like the swr sound might I suggest iamp 800??? 800 into 4 band all sweapable eq! 18Lbs!!!

18. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    dont mean to go off topic, but what are those black spots on that TRB? :eek:

Nice rig BTW :) And is that a tambourine i see on the table :)

19. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Yeah Rumble Bot,

I was gonna ask the same thing.

Kids adding their artistry to yours?

ps: what's in your rig?

20. The black patches on the upper horns are velcro for my NES controller. The rest are stickers. Put 'em on myself. My racks got an old ADA MP2 tube guitar preamp, a DBX 266XL compressor, and a GK 1001RB head. Plenty of power and control in one neat little package. :D