my mom likes pantera

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    ....oh my god..
    my moms 50..she likes pantera...
    we were in the car a week ago
    i was playing 5 minutes alone and well..
    she says
    "nick i like them, they have a kinda heavier southern fried sound"
    im like
    "hmm.. dimebag daryll was probably fried when he was recording that"
    .. i find it really amusing.
    Do any of you peoples have crazy moms too?
  2. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    MY mum listens to Irish drinking is pretty cool. So like whenever I was a kid and we would go on car trips it was like going to a pub. :D
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    My friends mom is a big tool fan....she also really likes victor wooten and some phish.
  4. My mom loves King Crimson, yet cannot abide even the gentlest jazz. Beats the hell out of me.
  5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    No she doesnt, she just said that in hopes that it would freak you out and youd stop listening to it.

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    my dad likes Radiohead :cool:

also he still is a big fan of Santana and lots of 70s rock

I have some Led Zep and other bands from that era on cd and he steals them from me :p
  7. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    My dad an I have very similar modern music tastes. (he does have his stuff from when he was a kid though)

It's pretty cool, although he's had my Mudvayne cd for a few weeks now :mad:

8. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    My mom likes Tool a bit too.. the thing is my moms one of those "I WATCH PAT ROBERTSON 700 CLUB" people... she scares me sometimes.. but not away from the music I like *grin*
    My dad listens to alot of Doors and stuff though.
    The funny thing is the other day we were in wendys and she said. "I did a bad job raising you, I wish i would have not let your dad play that stupid rock music that he plays. It corrupted you."

She hates like the replacements though because of there "Drinking Problems" and she doesn't like eminem because "he curses too much and talks about killing his wife"
    but.... she likes TOOl and she likes Pantera and She likes Metallica.. but she dont like megadeth because she says "daves voice sucks"
    My mom.. is a strange DUCK...

Ive noticed something though. Eminem is hot air =D hes a halfway decent rapper when hes not bitchen about celebritys.

oh and i got my dad hooked on the Minutemen and Mike watt. =D
  9. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Back in the 80's early 90's when Rap started to get real big...My Mom would come out to the living room while my friends and I watched MTV...(When it was all about the music)...when a rap song came mother put the groove on...It should have been embarissing for me, but we all thought it was funny...oh yea, and at that time...Breakin' and Breakin' II Electric Bugaloo...was my mothers altimate fav movie...
  10. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    my ma's out at the london arena watching cliff richard....

11. I'm almost the other way round. I've found many of my big favourites through my parents. Frank Zappa, Jean Luc Ponty, Alfren Schnitke(sp?), Queen, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath and so on. When I bought Jacos selftitled album, dad recognised it and told me he had it on tape (not the cassette kind of tape) although he didn't know who it was. :eek:

Of course I've forced my music on my parents and they've started to like Toto, Muse and Jamiroquai for instance.
  12. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    my dad is the one who got me listening to the kind of music i do. when he was around, he was a huge fan of grunge. but he listened to almost any rock. he actually didn't like the chili peppers becaus ehe said they were to soft. (their newer stuff). he also was a big fan of a lot of great classic rock. my mom on the other hand likes softer rock, and loves newer chili peppers. she hates music with profanity though.
  13. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    My ma like Rob Zombie, Godsmack, some actual metal, like a couple of Fear Factory songs and the odd Pantera track.
    Course, she's also into Tina Turner and Rod Stewart, so what little metal she likes is pretty neat, IMHO.
  14. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    My mom is crazy, but that is a completely different story. cough...overprotective....cough.

All music is the devil and so on and so forth
  15. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

When we was kids, my mom went to the store and bought us some records without asking us what we wanted.

Alice Cooper: Killer
    Stones: Get yer Ya Ya's Out!
    Grand Funk: Closer to Home

Not Bad!
  16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    My dad is getting into cooler metal. Even though some of the stuff I don't approve of, like... he likes "Bodies" by Drowning Pool. Ehhhh, but he does like Anthrax now, and he's always liked coolish music. I've tried to get him into some of Mike Patton's work... but he don't like Mike... because he ate his own poop.