Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My mom.... nut job.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    My mom used to be on pills for axiety or something... I'm not totally sure what. The point is, she used to be on crazy pills.

She stopped taking them.

She was OK... but now she goes through these phases where shes... well, a total B-word.

"Why is the cable bill $125?" "Why is the cell phone bill $150?" "Why is the home phone bill $35?"

Blah blah blah

My sister is 20 and has a job at the DA's office

I'm 18 in a month, work 30 hours a week + school

We have both told her repeatedly that we will pay for our cell bill, we will pay our car insurance, we will pitch in for the internet, etc...

Problem is, when we try to pay up, she won't accept the money. So then she gets nuts on us like this.

This morning, she had the cable box in the living room and my sister's room cancelled... So now there is cable in her room only...

I know i know... her house, her rules.... she pays the bills yada yada yada

But we have told her that we are willing to pay for stuff. The problem is, she is a damned control freak and wants to be able to play the "I pay for it" card when she needs to. If I'm paying for my cell phone.. whats she gonna do? Take it away? No... so she pays for it so she can strong arm me and my sisters with it.

Gah...

wacko. Me and my older sister are getting our own plan next week, hopefully.

Oh, and there is a plan through SBC that includes house phone, cingular, DSL, and cable TV for some good price... but of course she doesn't want to do that. Cause its cheaper. :rolleyes:

2. Parents are supposed to be irrational. It's part of their job, so get used to it!

:bag: (Prepare for the "When I was your age, I payed my parents to walk to school up hill both ways." comments, you ungrateful brat!)

3. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Is she so nuts that she posts every single thing that happens in her daily routine, and every single thought that pops into her head on some internet message board every single day?

People like that are Cra-Zy!!
    (ahem - said with the utmost respect for all forum members)

:bag:

4. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Well you and your sister can move out.......

5. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Sounds like my parents when I was living at home. Now that enough time has passed and we have distance, I can see where they were coming from. Not that I agree fully with their approach, and they were flat out wrong in some situations, well, they're the parents.

Just know that when you start getting your own cell, cable service, move out, etc., she's going to go through the whole "empty nest" phase and will probably get depressed...

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    So what you're saying is "Mama wanna get nutz?"

brad cook

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Maybe she needs a "special" visit from the Cheezeman! :p

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Dude, that's pretty gross.

:D

9. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Nahh..I"ve seen pics of Money's mom. She aint bad, and she is probably only a few years older than me. MILFage can be a Good thing! :smug:

10. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio

LOL!

Carry on then, carry on...

11. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Where's my Linkin Park pen?

12. greg

greg

Jun 1, 2004
    Austin,Tx
    Im familiar with the whole crazy mom thing...
    To sum it up my entire family is jewish and my mom only adds to the crazy jewish mother steryotype....

13. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    the rule of pictures of proof applies

14. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Mike

You only have one Mom try as best as you can to be loving and understanding in these chalenging times.

15. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    You do have to look out for your own well being, but you need to also manage compassion. Cable and phones are not such a big deal in the overall relation with your Mom. Can you steer her toward some help? (or get some for yourself?)

16. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I agree.

17. its true...instead of you coming on to TB and talking to us about it, sit down with your mom and tell her how you feel. I know you can do it, because thats what you do here...

of course, post some pics of your mom too...

18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im posting in this thread for three reasons.

The first is obviously to see pics of your mom.

The second and less important reason is to say that instead of offering to pay for your phone bill, just go out and do it. At first she might get a little upset, but maybe seeing you take initiative to take care of yourself and become more independant while helping her with the bills will make her happier and lay off in the end.

The last but definetly not least important reason Im posting in this thread is to see pics of your mom.

19. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Simple. Kick flip to Indy Grind the cat.

20. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    That's what's great about being an adult (in a month). You get to start your own home, make your own rules, and pay your own bills. Are you ready?