Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My music, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by cloud9mission, Jun 2, 2003.

1. cloud9mission

cloud9mission

Apr 4, 2003
    England
    Hi all, been playing bass for about 10 years now, play a few other instruments too

Ive posted a few tunes before but now I have my portfolio on properly, I can ask ya'll what you think to the general vibe of my music & bass playing??

Check it all out at http://www.cloud9mission.com

God bless

Lewis

PS. I especially recommend the bass solo

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    nice stuff!!! impressive flash work as well (I never got into doing that type of interface design... on my 'to do' list)

very professional

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah, I really dug this stuff last time you posted, all really great stuff. Very together. Good job!

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Agreed. Very well done.

5. cloud9mission

cloud9mission

Apr 4, 2003
    England
  6. Wow, sounds professional. Very funky. Now if only people would listen to my music when I post it on here...:meh:

7. cloud9mission

cloud9mission

Apr 4, 2003
    England
    Thanx for listening man :)

8. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Wow. Pro sound, pro site. Your s*** is wired tight, dude. Outstanding.

I was gonna burn my bass, but I see you have four years experience on me. And I'm pretty sure I can cop all of your stuff only three. ;)

9. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    You wouldn't happen to be a 19 year old musician from England would you?? ;)

I saw that twice on the Bio page.

[​IMG]

:p

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    As smooth as a velvet baby's arse!

11. cloud9mission

cloud9mission

Apr 4, 2003
    England
    Its odd lol, before I wrote that on the bio page I had about 50 emails a day asking what The Cloud9 Mission was. So i gots to make it clear that its my music ;)

Cheers for listening guys!

12. cloud9mission

cloud9mission

Apr 4, 2003
    England
    Do you use mp3.com??

That could be why, you cant download anything till you've registered with mp3.com & most people cant be bothered to register. Had the same problem ;)

13. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Well, it seems as if you're down with the serious funk vibe!! Right down my alley! You have very good chops and I like the way you make your bass sing with certain inflections that only true funksters know and use!! You are truly a Funk Jedi!! Nice website too! I dig it, truly I do!!;)
    You did that with an OLP?? It's all in the fingers (and thumbs)!!

Keep the funk alive, brother..............:bassist:

14. cloud9mission

cloud9mission

Apr 4, 2003
    England
    Thanx man, ya hit the nail right on the head, its Funk Im all about. Thats still my OLP 5 String yeah, its very underrated

God bless

Lewis

15. ceeprm

ceeprm

Jul 15, 2002
    Edinburgh Scotland
    Bit of a pain in that your going to have to spend your birthdays updating you website......

16. cloud9mission

cloud9mission

Apr 4, 2003
    England
    True but more of a pain to have 50 people emailing you asking questions about your age & background. Thats what I had before so I put such info on the site for all to see ;)

Lewis

17. ceeprm

ceeprm

Jul 15, 2002
    Edinburgh Scotland
    so your a bit of a prince fan- what do you think of the rainbow children?? Ive have it in my car all the time these days- It is pretty amazin.....
    Philip

18. cloud9mission

cloud9mission

Apr 4, 2003
    England
    Yeah top album, one of his best. Cool to speak to a fellow Prince appreciator :)

Hes doing a lot of instrumental stuff lately that I also like & of course, Im sure all bass players can agree, anyone who has the taste to put Larry Graham on bass is ok by me :). Larry is pretty much his main bass player now

19. ceeprm

ceeprm

Jul 15, 2002
    Edinburgh Scotland
    Larry only played on two tracks on rainbow children though didn't he?

20. cloud9mission

cloud9mission

Apr 4, 2003
    England
    Yeah he did but hes in all the concerts since