My name is Jason and I am an

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VIPERSTONE, Dec 31, 2002.

1. alcoholic, oh wait I mean Newbie Bassist...... I've toyed with the bass for about a year now and finally got one of my own for xmas from my folks, though I can't seem to find a whole lot on it out in the web, It's the only one that Kona makes and I was wondering if anyone has played one or has heard any reviews on it..... I like the look of the forum here and hope to learn from you all, Thanks in advance folks......

Reach for the Bass, Look to the stars above.......
  2. Hey Andy, thanks for the attempt, but there is nothing on that site for Kona Bass guitars, but thanks for the attempt anyways, if I overlooked it, give me a direct link
  3. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    Welcome to talkbass. And thank you for being one of the few teenage newbies who respects other readers enough to watch their spelling and not use type like this was an IM!
  4. Hey thanks for the welcome Pilot, it's always nice to feel welcomed when you join a new forum.... Though I don't think I really qualify as a teenager anymore, Laughs.......... Besides I'm normally a grammer and spelling freak, but I don't take it to extreme's in correcting others, but your welcome was a good change of pace for the day, Broke up with a girl and getting laid off on new years eve doesn't always make a guy feel to good, but back to the topic of my post, still looking for reviews on that Kona Bass I got. Thanks again for the welcome guys and for any leads you can send me on that bass.......

5. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Welcome to Talkbass. Hope that 2003 looks brighter for you.

I did a search on your bass. Is it this bass here:
    Kona Bass at Just Guitars Online

If so, I wasn't able to find much more than that. You should do a search on Kona at Harmony Central. They have a lot of information on gear there.

6. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    It's "grammar".

Extremes doesn't need an apostrophe.

7. Ok Ok, flatwound, Grammar, and Extremes;
    And Christle, yes that is the bass, I didn't find anything on Kona over at Harmony Central. but thanks for the attempt
  8. bump, still looking for reviews
  9. Well, I've seen that one but it doesn't cover the model that I have, which is a KEBJN.... so still no luck, thanks for the attempt though, much appreciated.......
  10. ---> Kona Guitars <---

I win! I win!

Your bass is listed on the page. Didn't Sean Connery say "If you don't want a rotten apple, don't pick from the barrel - pick it straight from the tree?" I'd fire off an email to Kona themselves. :)

BTW, that's a sweet looking jazz bass on the website.
  11. actually rabid, you didn't win, :( I found that the first time I went looking for stuff on it, but what I am really looking for is someone who has played one or reviews on it, thanks though for the grand attempt........
  12. Doh!

You never said you saw the site...!
  13. think of it this way rabid, if it's easily to find or listed somewhere on the net, I've prob found it already, now I'm lookin for personal experiences
  14. Suuuuure...just rub it in...:mad:...:rolleyes:...:D !!!
  15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey jason, welcome to talkbass :)

since there's a derth of info about kona instruments, why don't you add some thoughts and opinions of your own - write your own review :)
  16. Hey john, thanks for the welcome, I would write my own review, but I am far to new to the world of playing bass to really write a least that is my perspective on it lol